Chapter 10

"You need to calm down," He said with his hand up, slightly crouched and ready to run. I do. I really do. But that's no fun. He found my answer in the tilt of my head as he ground his teeth and clicked his tongue, cursing like it was going to change my decision.

       "I... Don't really want to," I shrugged lightly, staring at my hand, my brows knitting and eyes narrowing. Why was that? I mean, I didn't want to kill him, but I certainly wanting to beat him half to death. He paled at my words, his jaw clenching while I drifted back to staring. Did he piss me off? How? When? Why am I even asking?

         "I... Dyeth, somethings wrong," I said slowly as I stared at my hand again, my claws coming out while my chest tightened. "Very wrong,"

         "What?" He asked, like I had the answer. I couldn't hide my look of distaste while I rolled my eyes, everything I learned to push down just kinda falling free. For everyone to see.

         "Don't know, don't really care," I shrugged opening and closing my hand before linking it with my other and stretching. "I feel great, why don't get a sword? No, wait, you like spears more don't you? Or was it axes?" I stared at him from the corner of my eye, my restraint nonexistent while he hesitated. Knowing he had never told me his weapon preference. 

      He carried a long sword, I should be assuming that's he favorite or whatever. "No... You like axes with a hammerhead to match," I hummed thinking back to the festival, his gaze wandering to anything of the like far too often for it not to be obvious. "Though, you don't mind spears, better than a sword isn't it?"

        "Lilith..." He trailed, uncomfortable with how I was openly reading him. Again. He wasn't really a fan of that... 

         "No problem, I can make something fun if you don't want to get one," I shrugged, "I'm not a big fan of blunt weapons though, I don't have the upper body strength it takes to swing them around and I've got a history with war hammers. Sharp things mean little to me but blunt? Oh, I hate that," Why did I say that?

         The large weight in my hand pulling me from questioning it further as I let out a whistle at my own work. "My metal isn't the best, but like, it's pretty damn good so come at me," I tossed it at his feet while he glanced at those around us, those staring and whispering. 

       Aw, the FW's finally started a fight. Guess no even the demon could control it. I'm surprised the demon didn't set it off sooner. Right... They thought I was one of those aggressive control freaks. I forgot.

        "Do you even know what you're saying?"

        "Hmm? 'Course I do, now come at me," I pulled a smile that fell a second later. "Unless you don't like it? Is it the pointed end? Maybe you don't like that I twisted the head..." I hummed while he looked at it, I thought I may as well put a spearhead in it while I was at it.

        "That's not it..." Ugh... Why isn't he coming at me? Is it that bullshit courting issue again?

       "Fine, if you don't want to come to me, I'll go to you," My leg tensed a second before I was rushing him, a short sword manifesting the second I was within reach. He didn't swing it, only using it to block. 

         "Calm down!" He growled, his caution going out the window while I snorted.

         "Make me," Pulling back I grabbed his handle and pulled it forward while tossing my sword and catching it in a different grip, going straight for his chest cavity form above. Twisting the tabar handle he forcefully removed my grip and swatted my blade away. Hmm... He was better without a sword.

       Not even hesitantly I followed with a twirl, getting out of his range and going for his head. His eyes widened for a moment, only for his teeth to clench while I attempted to duck. Not event eh moment before they clashed I had an obsidian edge highlighting the metal blade, which shattered against his horn but allowed for the actual sword to glide through. At lead a quart of the way.

       "See? Don't really have the upper body strength-" He roughly sent the hammer into my stomach, causing me to practically fly with a cough, my sword remaining in his horn. My hand finding my stomach as I hacked on the ground, the brute strength forcing my last meal up quickly.

        "For the love of-" Cursing, he tried to pull the sword free while I struggled to breathe. It seems he's stronger than I thought. Gods, I really do hate blunt weapons.

        "The adasity~" I panted with a grin, "Avoiding my ribs as not to break them but hitting me hard enough to get me away from you- possibly rupturing something too, I felt that in my damn spine," I added, pulling up my shirt to see the damage as I got up. No red patches. Guess it's not that bad. Definitely bruised though.

       "You know-" Rubbing the square shaped red spot that was quickly turning black I looked up with a sharp grin- "This reminds me of how you used to completely refuse to fight me," He paused pulling at the sword while I slowly found my feet, staring at my hand as I twisted the newly made blade.

        "All because you've got such an annoying nagging and hopeless love for me,"