Unwanted Eyes

I added content to this chapter, I do hope you enjoy the changes

   I nodded hoping my mom was right about this

   I nodded hoping my mom was right about this. I took a deep breath trying to stabilize my breathing, knowing this could all go bad, but I hoped beyond hope it was truly just a rumor. I shook my head trying to clear my thoughts as I walked towards the front door. I could feel the tears trying to escape the confines of my eyes, fighting them back I walked out the door taking another deep breath. Remembering no matter what, I was trained just as well as the warriors were if not better and I would fight for my pack. Closing my eyes for a moment and taking a breath, those eyes peered at me deep, longing. Regardless of if they held harm to me within them...I wanted to so wrap myself within the arms of the one who held them.

Remembering back to when I was four, I began seeing his eyes watching me as if I was his possession, for his eyes only. I had fallen asleep as those eyes appeared along with a soft whisper not knowing what it meant at the time. 

"You're Mine" Was whispered into my head.

The eyes scared me, yet I felt some sort of safety and security within them. I curled tighter to my pillow dragging my blanket up over my shoulder. Yes, my mom had tucked me in, but I am a restless sleeper, I tend to move around all over the place. My mom would call me wiggle worm because of it. I smiled at the memory and wondered why I would have started seeing his eyes at such a young age? 

Remembering those words made me wonder if it was my mate but werewolves don't have the ability to find out who their true mate is until they are eighteen years of age. If this one who claims I am his is my mate? He said I was his yet I am not eighteen as of yet, and when I was four he wouldn't have been eighteen either unless he is much older than I am. 

Unless there is another reason, something we were unaware of...is something wrong with me that I can hear a voice and see eyes? If he can speak to me I wonder if I can speak to him? Does this mean he is close by because for wolves to be able to communicate they typically have to be of the same pack, or mates. Yet, that ability to speak to your mate through a link wouldn't occur until marked and mated. The idea of who is behind these mysterious eyes began coursing through me making me long to know who he is...no...I needed to know who he is!