D1- Part One🖤

Once upon a time, long, long ago... well, more like 20 years ago... Belle married her Beast in front of 6,000 of their closest personal friends. Big cake. Yeah, so instead of a honeymoon, Beast united all of the kingdoms and got himself elected king of the United States of Auradon. He rounded up all the villains and sidekicks... and he booted them off to the Isle of the Lost with a magical barrier to keep them there.

Hey there. I'm Nick, adoptive son of King Adam and Queen Belle. My older brother, Ben, is going to be crowned king next month. And speaking of which...

I was leaning by the wall, watching the royal tailor take Ben's measurements. He was staring out of the window again, looking at the Isle of the Lost.

Yesterday, I suggested that the children on the Isle be allowed to attend Auradon Prep. Ben said he would think about it.

The door opened. Mom and Dad entered the room.

'How is it possible that you're going to be crowned king next month?' Dad exclaimed. 'You're just a baby!'

'He's turning 16, dear.' Mom said.

'Hey pops.' Ben greeted him.

'16? That's far too young to be crowned king. I didn't make a good decision until I was at least 42.'

'Uh, you decided to marry me at 28.' Mom said indignantly.

'Ah, it was either you or a teapot.' Mom glared at him. 'Kidding.'

'Mom, dad.' Ben interrupted. 'I've chosen my first official proclamation. I've decided, with the help of Nick, that the children on the Isle of the Lost be given a chance to live here in Auradon. Every time I look out to the island, I feel like they've been abandoned.'

My eyes lit up. Dad, however, took it in differently.

'The children of our sworn enemies, living among us?'

'We start out with a few at first, only the ones who need our help the most. We've already chosen them.'

'Have you?'

'I gave you a second chance.' said Mom. 'Who are their parents?'

'Cruella De Vil.' I piped up, nudging Ben's butt with my knee.

'Jafar.' Ben said, then he bit his lip, giving me a glance.

'Evil Queen.'

'And... Maleficent.'

I closed my eyes. Dad wouldn't take this that easily.

'Maleficent! She is the worst villain in the land!' he shouted. 'Second only to Chernabog!'

'Dad, just hear him out, alright?'

'I won't hear of it. They are guilty of unspeakable crimes.' he said stubbornly.

'Dad, their children are innocent. Don't you think they deserve a shot at a normal life? Dad?'

Dad thought about it. 'I suppose their children are innocent.'

'Well, well done.' Mom told Ben. 'Shall we?' Dad took her on his arm and together they left the room.

Ben turned to me. 'So... this thing is your idea. What do you think they're like?'

'I honestly don't know.' I replied.

'Bennyboo!!' said a voice. Audrey entered the room.

I internally groaned.

'You said you'll take me out today, Bennybear.'

'Oh, right. Hey, Nick, you can take care of things here, right?'

'Sure.' I shrugged.

Ben and Audrey left the room together.

I went through Ben's paperwork and signed those that needed signing.

In case you're wondering, I know Ben's signature and handwriting by heart.

Then I fixed things up a little. I turned to leave the room and nearly had a heart attack.

Dad was standing there.

'Nick, it's time for the tailor to take your measurements now. You know, for your suit for the coronation.'

'Dad, we talked about this. I'm not wearing some itchy suit.'

'But, Nick-'

'No, Dad.' I said and exited the room.