Chapter 10

"so, when can I leave?"
I asked Norah as she stood there, looking at her iPad, probably checking my improvements.

My mom was sitting right next to me on the bed, holding my hand. Karissa and marlina are on the couch. My dad is on the other side of me and chase is probably down, smoking or whatever.

How is it fair that he smokes and does drugs and I'm the one with non-functional lungs? Oh the temptation to snitch on him and tell our parents.. Except that he said if I tell anyone he'd kill me in my sleep and tell everyone that my lungs just completely stopped working which everyone would probably believe.

Yeah I don't want to die

Mom and dad obviously have a huge problem with anything that would harm the lungs, one daughter is enough.

"maybe tomorrow. You've been doing pretty good these past couple days. I'm really proud of you ellie"
Norah replied taking a seat on one of the armchairs. She gave me a smile and I smiled back at her. I love my doctor.

"she's so strong, right?"
My mom said pulling me into her arms. I smiled.

"you can leave but I don't think you should leave LA"
Sarah said in the same moment chase finally got back to the room.

"she absolutely have to go home and never ever come to LA ever again"
Chase said taking a seat between karissa and marlina.

"no. Chase, the treatment remember? It was just a first time thing and it's thankfully over. We're gonna keep pushing her limits but not as hard as the first time."
Sarah told chase who just held his forehead with his fingers and groaned.

"no. He's right I don't want to stay here anymore. It's so chaotic and everyone asks questions and I don't know what to say and it stresses me out"
I rambled, remembering the day I went into the coma and tearing up. That guy and his camera are the scariest.

"but honey.. It's always harder the first time. Once you've done it once it won't be as bad. And you already did it once"
Sarah replied and I just shook my head.

How many times did she say once?

"if she's staying y'all are staying with us. I'm so not going to fucking babysit her anymore. I'm obviously doing a terrible fucking job at it... Also the d'amelio's, madi, and Erika are on their way"
Chase said as he typed something on his phone.

"I can't stay I have college"
Karissa said.

"I can't stay either. I have a fiance and the wedding preparations"
Marlina said.

My siblings just love me wow.

"Sarah, I don't want to stay. Please. Can we do this anywhere else? Why LA?"
I said ignoring my siblings who started bickering about how they all don't want to be the one responsible for me.

I can take care of myself. These three need to shut up.

"No sweetheart, in LA it's better because you are forced to count on yourself and be independent. Isn't that what you want? And it's better for slightly pushing your limits."

"I think Sarah is right. You need to be independent ellie. You shouldn't stay at my house anymore. I'm renting you an apartment close to my house where you can stay with mom and dad"
Chase said like he's just had the brightest idea of the century.

"of course she's right dumbass she's a fucking doctor."
Karissa said making mom sigh in annoyance.

"You're acting like I want to stay with you. Literally the only good person in this house is Ryland"
I said, getting fed up with Chase. Like we get it you're a busy man and don't have time now shut up.