Chapter 12

*╔═══❖•ೋ° °ೋ•❖═══╗*

The tension is very obvious in chase's car. He is driving with gritted teeth and a hard grip on the steering wheel. His mom is sitting right next to him as she kept glancing at him every now and then.

On the back seats are ellie and her dad. Ellie's resting her head on the glass next to her and listening to the music playing on the radio.

Cole, their father, and Tammy, their mother, could feel the tension but they don't know what happened.

"are you guys okay?"
Cole finally asked his daughter and son but got no response. This made him raise his eye brow, waiting for their answer.

"we're fine, dad"
Chase answered after a while. Not taking his green eyes off the road ahead of the car.

"Ellie, honey, do you feel any pain?"
Ellie shook her head and sent her dad a forced smile.

"you two are lying. Now spit it out. What. Happened?"
Tammy is getting impatient. It's obvious that the two got in some kind of a fight but she just need details. She also knows how their fights usually go. Chase screams and yells (like he always does) while ellie just stays silent. She's scared ellie might go into a depressive episode if she keeps holding it inside.

Ellie always does that and Tammy hates it with every cell in her body.

"nothing happened. I'm just tired and I want to sleep"
Ellie finally said making chase scoff. If she just slaps him right now...

She doesn't wanna get killed tho.

"chase?"
Tammy is just not giving up. Chase took a deep breath and glanced at his mother.

"if ellie is staying in LA, she needs to be more responsible than that. I try my hardest to be there but it's out of my control when and where I need to be like half the time... I'm hiring her a nurse. The nurse will be there with ellie twenty four seven. She'll accompany her inside and outside the house."

Ellie bit on her cheeks so hard trying not to cry.

"Chase, relax. I understand where you're coming from, sweatheart. Let's be a little nicer about this and more mature. Can we?"
Tammy if course knew chase. He's the type of person who blames himself for everything and he's probably beating himself up for what happened with ellie.

" I don't need a babysitter!"
Ellie finally said making chase scoff, again.

" maybe stop acting like a fucking five year old and you won't be treated like one"

Ellie wiped the tear that fell from her eye harshly. Oh how she'd trade her brother for a dead cat right now.

"actually, the nurse idea isn't that bad. At least you'd have help whenever you need it"
Cole told ellie with a smile which resulted in her shaking her head harshly.

Why are they always on his side?

*╚═══❖•ೋ° °ೋ•❖═══╝*