t e n

year: 2021 - between chapters 45 & 46 of overcomejessie: 20 years old billie: 19 years old

jessie: 20 years old
billie: 19 years old

j e s s i e

"you look ridiculous with those big ass sunglasses." claudia teased.

"leave me alone!" i grumbled. "i just don't need the paps to recognize me; i mean, they've started taking pictures of me too since i'm dating billie."

"understandable." she nodded.

i'm going to buy an engagement ring today.

i'm admittedly nervous about the whole idea of proposing, but i can't even begin to think about that if i don't even have a ring yet.

i don't know if i'll propose just yet though. i mean, billie is still just nineteen, and we both act like we're still seventeen. regardless of that though, i do want to propose before summer of next year.

i'm just nervous.

billie is the only person who can make me nervous or shy, especially like this.

we eventually reached the shop and we walked in. we walked around, looking at all the rings.

"bro, there's so many," i told claudia with wide eyes. "how the fuck am i supposed to choose?"

"i dunno." claudia mumbled as she looked at them. her eyes lit up as she pointed to one. "ou, what about this one? it's so pretty."

"it is pretty," i agreed. "but i don't know. i dunno if bil would like it all that much."

"i'm sure she'll love whichever one you get her," she assured. "but you do know billie best, so it's whatever you think."

we continued looking until a worker came over to us and asked if we needed any help. i asked if she could give me any pointers. she asked about billie and what she liked; when i told her, she gave a smile before leading me and claudia somewhere.

"woah," i gasped as i looked at it. "it's so... wow. holy shit."

"it's gorgeous." claudia said.

"deadass," i nodded. "it's actually perfect."

i asked how much it would be. my jaw dropped at the price.

"jesus christ," i mumbled. "that's... a lot."

i sighed as i pulled out my wallet, though i had a smile on my face. "anything for my princess though."

"you two are the cutest," claudia gushed as i told the worker what ring size i needed. "you need to propose and then get married asap."

"yo, calm down," i gave a nervous laugh. "i need to prepare myself, bro. give me a few months."

"that's too long." she groaned.

"yeah? well, in the meantime, you and finneas can get married." i gave a grin.

now it was her time to give a nervous laugh. "well, you see..."

<~~~~~>

"hi, princess!" i gushed as i ran over to bring her into a hug.

"hi, bubba," she laughed as she stumbled back some, then wrapped her arms around me. "what's got you in such a good mood?"

"i haven't seen you all day. am i not allowed to be excited to see my girl?" i teased. "and i dunno, i'm just really happy right now."

she playfully rolled her eyes before cupping my cheeks. she smiled as she looked at me. "i'm glad you're happy, baby."

i smiled shyly and let out a small giggle as she kissed the tip of my nose.

"i love you." i murmured as i leaned forward to kiss her.

"i love you too." she grinned.

she pulled back from the hug then grabbed my hand to pull me along with her. "i've got an interview, and i want you to come with me."

"alright, let's go, shorty." i laughed as i went with her.

<~~~~~>

a/n cuties

thoughts?

short chapter but i already have the next one written so i'ma publish that one too :)

words:
626