t w e l v e

year: 2043jessie: 42 years oldbillie: 41 years oldjackson: 18 years oldleo and iris: 15 years old

year: 2043
jessie: 42 years old
billie: 41 years old
jackson: 18 years old
leo and iris: 15 years old

j e s s i e

"billie." i caught her attention as i laid in a starfish position across the floor in the living room.

"yes, baby?" she hummed as she diverted her attention from the tv to me.

"do you think there's alternate universes and shit?" i asked.

"oh, yeah, for sure." i looked up at her to where she was sitting on the couch, and i watched as she nodded.

"me too," i mumbled, then smirked as i said "i feel like there's one where i'm a drug dealer or some shit."

she gave me a look with furrowed brows and i sighed. "that's not very 'xanny' of me, my bad."

she let out a small laugh as she shook her head. "you're so stupid," she teased. "but i mean, if there's infinite alternate universes, then that's definitely a possibility."

"i bet i'm a hot one." i added as a afterthought.

"you're hot regardless of your occupation." she told me as she slid off the couch so that she could give me a kiss.

"well, duh," i smirked lazily. "nah, but, like... what if i was one of those people who have to sniff people's armpits to see if their deodorant works? would i still be hot then?"

she avoided my eyes as she stood up straight. "yeahhh, for sureeee, mama."

i let out a dramatic sigh. "you're unbelievable; definitely not the supportive wife i thought you were."

she rolled her eyes as she started walking to the kitchen. "well, then maybe don't sniff people's armpits." she shrugged.

i quickly got up to follow her to the kitchen. "i don't. that was completely theoretical. hypothetical?" i raised a brow, not sure which would be the correct term.

"uhh... theoretical?" billie's brows furrowed. "wait, aren't they, like... basically the same thing?"

"i don't know," i mumbled. "either way though, you get my point!"

"armpit sniffer." she teased in a tune as she fixed herself a glass of water.

"stop!" i demanded.

"nah." she grinned.

"you're a brat." i rolled my eyes.

she took a sip of her water before meeting my eyes with a sly smile. "maybe."

"there's no maybe to it; you are one." i shook my head.

"whatever."

she took a step forward to walk over to me, though somehow lost her footing. i quickly stopped her from completely falling to the ground.