e l e v e n

year: 2022 - between chapters 56 & 57 of overcomejessie: 21 years old billie: 20 years old

jessie: 21 years old
billie: 20 years old

j e s s i e

"i think i'm gonna do it today." i told finneas and claudia.

"really?" claudia asked. "you definitely should! i mean, we're in paris; the most romantic city in the world. it's perfect."

"i'm so nervous though." i mumbled as i looked down and twisted my promise ring around my finger.

finneas wrapped his arm around my shoulders and brought me into his side. "you've got this, jj; i mean, billie has literally been in love with you since she was seventeen."

"yeah, but what if she still says no? i don't think i could handle that..."

"jessie," claudia chuckled a bit as she took my hands in her's. "calm down, alright? just breathe. i can assure you, that she'll say yes. all you've gotta do is ask the question."

i let out a sigh. "right... you're right."

"you know, you're seriously like a little sister to me, so the faster you make that official, the better." finneas teased softly.

"bro, stop, you're gonna make me cry," i jutted my bottom lip out some. "i already cried enough when i was asking mom and pops if i could marry her, and they said that i'm like a daughter to them!"

"yeah, you cried like a baby." he snickered.

"shut up." i grumbled.

claudia was about to say something, but was cut off as there was a knock on the door. finneas walked over and opened it.

"is jj in here?" i heard billie ask him.

"right here, princess." i gave a smile as she looked over at me.

"i woke up and you weren't cuddling me, which i honestly think is pretty homophobic." she mumbled as she trudged over to me.

i wrapped my arms around her and kissed her cheek. "my bad, baby." i murmured.

"you should carry me back to our hotel room." she told me as she buried her face into the crook of my neck.

"alright," i chuckled. "here, jump."

she jumped up and wrapped her legs around my waist. i held onto her tightly as i held her.

"i'll see you two later," i told finneas and claudia as i started heading out of their hotel room, then mouthed "thank you" to them.

they both gave me a thumbs up, and i couldn't help but smile as i walked out of the room and shut the door behind myself.

i love billie's family.