f i f t e e n

year: 2031 - halloween jessie: 30 years oldbillie: 29 years oldjackson: 6 years oldleo and iris: 3 years old

jessie: 30 years old
billie: 29 years old
jackson: 6 years old
leo and iris: 3 years old

j e s s i e

"i'm gonna get more candy than you!" leo stuck his tongue out at iris.

"nooo," iris shook her head. "you can't! that's not fair!"

"yeah huh! i am!" he quickly nodded.

"momma!" iris tugged at my hand. "is leo gonna get more candy than me?"

i picked her up, setting her on my hip. i tapped her nose. "no, princess; don't worry."

it's currently halloween. like me and billie have done for the past six years, we're taking the kids trick or treating around our neighborhood. we live in a really nice, gated community, and we really don't have to worry about anything.

this year, me and billie finally caved and dressed up as the classic skeletons. iris had practically demanded that she dressed up as a princess, jackson dressed up as peter pan (no surprise there) and leo had only wanted to put on his teddy bear onesie as his costume.

"you promise?" she pouted.

"i promise," i reassured her. "now, gimme some besos."

she quickly pressed a few kisses to my cheek, which made me grin.

i adjusted her crown before putting her back down as we walked up to one of the houses. jackson, leo, and iris all walked up to the door and knocked on it.

the door opened. leo and iris both let out a scream as the person was dressed up in a scary costume. leo ran over to billie and hugged her legs, a prominent pout on his face, while iris clung onto jackson's arm.

they eventually got their candy before running back over to me and billie, though leo didn't even try to get his.

poor lil' baby was terrified.

"look, momma!" jackson said with wide eyes as he held up a king size snickers bar.

another plus of living in a rich neighborhood is that they always get the good candy... that me and billie totally don't steal...

"i see!" my eyes widened too.

he reached for my hand, so i let him hold it as we walked. iris and leo were each holding one of billie's hands as we walked.

"look!" iris gasped as somebody walked by; they had some makeup on, and it looked like they had four eyes.

"woah!" leo and jackson gasped as they watched the person walk by, both of their jaws dropped.

"momma!" iris whined after a while. "my legs hurt."

"baby, we've only been walking for, like, twenty minutes." i sent her a look.

"they hurt!" she continued to whine.

i sighed before bending down and picking her up. i lifted her over my head and placed her on my shoulders. i made sure i had a secure grip on her before continuing to walk.

"is that better?" i asked her.

"yeah!" she giggled as she placed her hands on my head.

i scrunched my face up as her hands covered my eyes. "you gotta move your hands, princess. i can't see."

"oh. sorry, momma." she apologized.

"it's okay." i chuckled.

"you two are adorable." billie scrunched her nose up at us.

i smiled in response, while leo tugged on her hand as he looked up at her with big eyes. "what about me, mommy? am i adorable?"

"you are!" she told him.

"yayy!" he cheered.

we continued to trick or treat for a while. some decoration on somebody's lawn had scared iris to the point of tears, so i had to hold her and assure her that she was okay.

after that, she wanted to go home.

leo and jackson were getting tired too, so we decided to call it a night.

"i'm so sleepy, mommy." iris sniffled as she wiped at her eyes.

"i know, my love," billie cooed. "but you gotta get a bath first, then you can go to sleep."

"leo is asleep though!" she pointed over at leo.

me and billie both looked over at where she was pointing. our jaws dropped as we saw that leo was sound asleep... on the floor.

oh my god.

"okay, well he can get his bath in the morning," i sighed as i walked over and scooped iris into my arms. "but you are getting one tonight."

she pouted as she clung onto me. she continued to pout the whole time i bathed her and washed her hair, and even as i put her pajamas on her.

"okay, you can go to sleep now, princess," i combed her hair out of her face as i laid her in her bed. "get all the sleep you want."

she sniffled before asking for some besos. i gave her one on her forehead and one on the tip of her nose. after that, she snuggled up with one of her stuffies before falling asleep.

she didn't take her nap today, incase you can't tell.

thankfully, billie had already moved leo from the floor and into his own bed, which was in here as well. as of right now, iris and leo share a room.

more often than not, they won't sleep if they're not in the same room.

i walked out of her room, though i left the door open. i walked down the hall, looking for billie.

i eventually found her in our room. i raised a brow. "where's jackson?"

"he's already showered and in the bed," she told me, before slumping her shoulders and walking over to me. "god, i think i'm just as tired as the kids are."

"me too," i chuckled lowly. "we still gotta get a shower though and wash all of this off." i gestured to the makeup we were wearing.

"why did we do this?" she groaned as i gently pushed her towards the bathroom.

"it was your idea."

"we both agreed on it." she grumbled.

"yeah, whatever."

we took our shower, eventually getting all of the makeup off. i had washed billie's hair for her, and she had washed mine for me. afterwards, i even dried her hair for her too.

it's now nearing eleven p.m. as we're finally getting in the bed.

"we're so old," she mumbled as she cuddled up with me. "who the fuck goes to sleep at eleven?!"

"us, apparently."

she rolled her eyes. "tonight was fun though. i love taking them trick or treating."

"yeah, me too." i agreed with a soft smile.

she let out a yawn before snuggling closer to me. "goodnight, jj. i love you."

"goodnight, bil, i love you too."

<~~~~~>

a/n ayo

it's a day late but y'all wanted a halloween chapter so here <3

are y'all good?

words:
1120