Chapter 3

Jellal's POV

.

I walked into our flat.

"Meredy! I'm back!" I shouted up the stairs.

She came skipping down the stairs, "Did you tell her?"

"I-I couldn't." I confessed.

"Jellaaal." Groaned Meredy, "You have to tell her. I mean, what could go wrong?"

"But I promised... I promised not to ever fall in love with someone who walks in the light. You know I can't tell her."

"Jellal. You can't keep your feelings in forever. One day they'll take you over and they will destroy you and tear you apart. You have to tell her."

"I can't tell her now, that's for sure. I ran away from her."

"You what?"

"I ran away from her. She was so upset. I cant talk to her after this."

"If you don't tell her, I will"

And with that she walked upstairs again. I sighed. She was right. But she was scary.

Lucy's POV

.

As soon as I heard Erza's explanation, I knew it was love. It was so obvious in the way she said it. I wondered who it was, but I dared not ask. Erza was staring into the distance, thinking about what I had said.

"Hey, Erza, can I see the job?"

"Sure, were at the place anyway." She replied.

I read the request. Suddenly my heart started beating fast and I started sweating.

"Erza... This is not a job for us to do on our own" I said "This place is dangerous! I've been here before!"

"What do you mean?"

"Why do you think the reward is so high??"

"Luck?"

"No! The monsters here are huge! It takes at least 5 people to beat one! I read it in a book!"

Suddenly we heard a loud roar. The ground shook and the most terrible creature appeared in front of us. It was as big as the celestial spirit king and had disgusting features.

"Erza!!!! Run!!!" I screamed as I summoned Virgo, who took me through the ground and away from the monster, behind some bushes.

I looked up and noticed that Erza was still, and she didn't move an inch. The monster brought up his hand (if you could call it that) and slashed at Erza.

But just before Erza was no more, I saw a flash of blue hair.