One

I did not want to come.

Correction: I was scared to go.

It's our first trip across the country and we can't even take our parents. It's just us, 10th graders and our teachers. Having no other friends than Nick who wasn't even going to the trip, it made it even scarier than it seemed. I was first very excited about visiting Miami for the first time. I thought I would be fine with Nick but now that he can't come, I'm sitting horrified for my life in the toilet cabinet of the airplane. My father didn't like that I was so afraid of being alone, so he thought that him sending me off to an island on my own, with no one but my school mates that I barely know, would be a good idea for me to boost my confidence.

Yeah me throwing my whole breakfast up said otherwise. 

I wash my face and clean up that mess I've made. I can barely stand from the amount of stomach ache I've got right now. I've always known planes weren't my thing ever since I was three. Mum said that it'll get better when I grow up, it was all just a fear of a first time. Twelve years later and I still stand with my opinion about planes. I'd rather spend the whole flight in this safe cabinet, but I need my inhaler and it's in my bag.

My bag that's on my seat beside the window.

I exit the cabinet and push past the passengers who are supposed to be my "friends", but I think I've never seen some of them before. Or it's probably the nausea making me dizzy enough that I don't recognize anything. I slide past the guy sitting beside me, guess have never seen him before, and throw myself to my seat, closing my eyes because it's already scary enough that I'm about to be swallowed by the sky. I search for my inhaler in between the amount of junk I have in my backpack. My sisters threw quite a lot of stuff in it, because what if I need them? I bring the inhaler to my mouth and breath in a good amount of medicine, it's not an overdose since I don't get to decide the number of powder droplets entering my respiratory track. Still keeping my eyes shut, I place my inhaler back in my bag and rest my head against my seat. Feeling like the world is spinning and I'm spinning the other way. This is going to be my last time on a plane, I'd rather go walking for days then get on another one.

I feel something cold touch my upper arm, tearing my eyes open as I snap my head finding the guy besides me handing me a box of juice. I glance between him and the pineapple juice box resting on my arm, already making every other cell in my body freeze.

"Take that," he pushes the juice box forward, across my arm "Sugary drinks help with dizziness"

I take the box from him, "pineapple" was the only thing I said after that.

We make the safe landing after being hung in air for about an hour and a few minutes. Thank Goodness I only threw up once during the flight. Everyone seems to know what they are doing or where they're going, but I'm just standing there confused as hell. I've only been on an airplane twice in my whole life, and it has always been my father who managed stuff. It just hit me who of a useless human I am.

I approach the carousel where bags go around for passengers to pick up. There is a huge amount of people gathered around there so as the agoraphobic I am, I stand back, clutching to the jacket in my hands. I told my parents that I couldn't make it on my own but they insisted that I give it a try. I have to get my bag but I'm freaking out from even coming an inch near the carousel.

"Pineapple," The guy from the plane is standing right beside me, cap on, back pack dangling from one shoulder and his red jacket is hanging neatly around his arm. I blink twice because I honestly don't know if he's talking to me or someone behind me and that's not a wall I'm stuck to.

"Having troubles?" Now that he's inches before me and looking directly at me, he really was talking to me. I nod my head because I would appreciate some help with almost everything now. I give him details about my bag and he squeezes himself in between those large figures and vanishes completely. He's a bit short for a fifteen-year-old and I'm even shorter so it scares me more now about what would have happened if I'd decided to walk through these jungles.