Five

"You are not going to embarrass me." I use the long form whenever I threaten any of them, and that's exactly what I do as soon as we're in front of the café doors. 

"Well you know." She says as she pushes the doors open "My name is not Ashley, and I don't yell 'Hello! I'm Ashley!' in voice messages to people I don't know." I didn't do that. 

I smack her quickly on the head before I spot Adam sitting on a café booth. He's studying something so I approach him quietly followed by Olivia. I like the way he looks when he's in his focus mode, pouty lips with drawn eyebrows. Sometimes I don't want to distract him, just watch him concentrate with whatever he's doing. 

My friendship with Adam is somehow different then my friendship with Nick. I don't usually admire those tiny details about Nick, but I surprisingly do with Adam. Maybe it has something to do with me growing up with Nick, it's like those details were made right in front of me. But Adam is a bit of a stranger to mind, anything new he does would be somehow new, entertaining. 

He notices us as soon as we're right in front of the booth. He flashes his baby smile before standing up to greet my sister. That respectful boy. He keeps on proving himself as a gentleman.

"You must be Olivia, right?" He asks her as we both take a seat. I asked him to bring her with me since she has the same issue with Math. He actually said he would be glad to meet her and my other sisters as well.

"Adam?" She smiles to him and he nods. Seeing my sister and my friend interact together without her murdering him is somehow heart-warming. 

"You're a bit tiny." He tells her and I burst out laughing after seeing her betrayed face "Like your sister." He continues. Now Olivia and I have switched roles.

 It's been two hours and Adam has already explained to us everything we've taken in math since the start of this year. I swear he's better than any teacher that has taught me throughout my entire twelve years of learning. He gave us some problems to solve but I'm already done with mine so we're waiting for Olivia to finish. Adam is paying attention to her to correct her if she's wrong with any step, and I'm just, watching him. It's getting weird how I always want to watch him, but something in him makes me want to keep on looking at him. This is an unfamiliar feeling I get whenever he's around, like those electric impulses I've got no idea about. This age of mine would win an award for being the most confusing of them all.

I feel my phone buzz so I check it after making sure they're still working. It's Nick, probably just finished training and would come here annoy me for some attention.

Nick: When you finish your date, come over to my house your family is here.
Ashley: a date with my sister tagging along? nick, you stupid my dear?
Nick: ah see, you didn't say "not a date" which means you want one :D
Ashley: you mf-

"We're done." I hear Adam say that so chopping Nick's neck off can wait "Good job, both of you."

"All thanks to you." Olivia tells him as he closes his textbooks and notebooks and stuffs them back in his bag.

"Well remember me in interior designing college." He smiles to her. They've been talking about career options and interests a while ago. And when I said mine, both of them suddenly agreed that I pursue it. Okay I might be good with writing, but I'm no writer honestly. Adam didn't talk much, it was mostly him asking us questions. And I really would've loved to know more about him.

Wait, why do I care?

~*~

"He's cute" She says as soon as Nick closes the door behind us. 

"Who me?" Nick says as he flips himself on the bed "Thanks I know." She 'tsks' before throwing his own pillow at him "Not you, you ugly manner less potato sack." She tells him. "I'm talking about Adam. He's so crush material"

"Knew you would fall for him." I wiggle my eyebrows at her as I take the pillow off Nick. Not because I was worried, but to lay against it. She rolls her eyes "Not me, idiot." She spins over her heels and leaves the room, probably to hang out with Airi, Naomi and Maya. What did she mean exactly by not her?

"Carson didn't come today as well." Nick says. That's actually weird, it's like the fourth day of her absence from practices. And even when she comes to school, she doesn't talk to anyone and not even Vallorie. The girl is even starting to avoid Nick, which is so not her.

"Do you like her?" I roll over my side and rest my chin to my elbow. He sighs, still lying on his back "I might like the attention a bit." He says "But I don't like Carson as Carson. She should focus on that poor Andy that likes her with all his heart."

I might not understand the feeling well. But I know it's destructive to see the one you are in love with liking someone else. I don't know Andy well, all I know about him is that he's one of Nick's close friends on the team. But the dude is really sweet from what I've seen. I know he doesn't deserve that. I know he acts fine when he clearly isn't. I really do hope Carson would notice him at least.

"I've been getting weird feelings whenever I'm around Adam." I finally tell him after being confused for a month "Something like electric impulses."

"Took you long enough to realize." He says staring at the ceiling

"Excuse me?" I rise my eyebrow.

"You like him."

"I don't."

"Yes you do"

"I don't."

"He's calling."

"He is not calling."

"You're not getting that."

"I'm getting that." I realize the trick he just played on me and that Adam is actually calling as soon as words break out of my mouth "Wait, I'm not getting that."

"Too late." He grabs my phone.

"Nick!"

"My finger is on the accept bottom"

"Nickolas Hope!"

"Oh hello, Adam. It's Nick." He sticks his tongue out at me and brings the phone to his ear "You wanna talk to Ashley? Sure I'll put her on." He hands me my phone provocatively. I guess we'll be having a funeral tomorrow.