*~𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 6~*

"Ash! Mason's here!" I hear my Mum shout from downstairs about 15 seconds after I had heard the doorbell ring. I throw a handbag with my phone, camera, money, and some other essentials onto my shoulder and race down the stairs. Mason is stood in the front hallway waiting for me and talking to my parents. He turns to face me and smiles coquettishly. I quickly hug my Mum and Dad before moving towards the door.

"I'll see you later, Mr and Mrs Reed," He says politely, shaking my Dad's hand and waving at my Mum.

"Good luck!" they both say as we walk out the front door. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We arrive at Cobham, and Mason rushes round to open my door for me.

"Ever the gentleman," I joke.

"One sec!" He says, running round to the boot of the car and reaching into it. He throws something blue over to me. A Chelsea shirt. 

"Got you a jersey, it should fit you," He says. I remove my hoodie and throw it on over my t-shirt.

"Perfect," He says and then his eyes widen, realising what he had said. And as he tries to find an excuse, he stutters and jumbles up his words. I shake my head, giggling slightly.

"Mase! Asher!" I hear Declan shout from the other side of the car park and he comes running up to us. Declan was introduced to me the day after I had met Mase, they had known each other since knee height, Declan being only 4 days younger than Mason. They were practically inseparable outside of lessons and how Mason managed to get two hours of studying with us without a phone call from Declan was beyond me. We head into Cobham, and just before they leave, I pull the boys into a quick hug, whispering 'Good luck' before watching them leave for the changing rooms. Tony and I reach our seats in the stands just as the boys come out to warm up. I've got a bottle of water in hand, waiting for the game to begin. It's just a friendly against Leicester City's U18, but Mason was treating it like any other game. He was going to win and he wouldn't hear anything otherwise.

The boys all got into their positions on the field. My eyes flew between Mason and Declan. And with the starting whistle, the game had begun. The match started slow, 35 minutes in and both teams had about an equal amount of possession, there had been no shots on target for either team and the ball seemed to stay mainly in the middle of the pitch.  All of a sudden, someone made a dash towards Leicester's goal. Mason. Tony and I were both screaming at the top of our lungs as he took a shot from just outside the box. He hit the ball straight into the top left corner of the goal, putting Chelsea one goal up. The ecstatic screams from myself and Tony filled the stands. Mason looked up to where we sat and smiled as he skidded onto his knees and across the pitch in celebration. His teammates all jumped onto his back and you could just about see Mason's face, smiling from ear to ear. At half-time, the score was still at 1-0 to Chelsea and stayed like that until the last 2 minutes. Declan made a brilliant pass into Mason in the box, who tapped it in at the bottom right. 2-0 up. Leicester was not making a comeback now, no matter how hard they tried. The ref blew the whistle at full-time, no extra time added on and I made a run for the bottom of the stands to greet Mason who was leaning against the barrier. He grunted as I ran at him, full speed, enveloping him in a hug. He wrapped his arms around me tightly, resting his chin atop my head. Declan ran over too, jumping on Mason's back causing him to jolt forwards and headbutt me.

"Shit, sorry!" He said hurriedly, turning round to whack Declan as he jumped back off of his back.

"Sorry, Ash," Declan said, patting my head satirically. The boys' heads whipped round to face their manager Jody Morris as he called them over. They said a quick 'bye' before racing off to the changing rooms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We waited in the car park, whilst the boys got changed, both Tony and I excitedly discussing the two goals that Mason had scored that match. When the two boys began walking towards the car, we could see another figure following closely behind them. U18 manager, Jody Morris. He probably wanted a word with Tony about how well Mase had played that match. But when he started talking and Mason started smiling contentedly, I realised that it wasn't Tony that Jody wanted to speak with.

"Asher, right?"