*~𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 32~*

Warnings: Suggestive language

"Bags packed?" My mum asks as she's fussing about trying to get me ready to leave for the station in the next hour. We'd been up since six, running around the house, doing my final bits of packing.

"Yup," I say, sounding rather uncertain. I feel like I've forgotten something.

"Charger? A week's worth of clothes, pyjamas, underwear, socks? Toothbrush, hairbrush, shampoo, conditioner, your stupidly expensive skincare stuff?"

"Check, check, check,"

"Swimwear? Train tickets? Passport? Can't forget your passport. Headphones and camera packed?"

"All packed," 

"Should be alright then, shouldn't you?"

"I still feel like something's missing..." I say, still feeling unsure. I hear Dan racing down the stairs and soon he's popped up at my side.

"Was it this?" He asks, throwing a black and yellow football jersey at me, the number 19 printed onto the back of it. The sense of uneasiness eases as I carefully place the jersey inside one of my two suitcases, face-up, so that the name and number are on display.

Deccers (stinks)

give mase a big ol' smooch for me

and yourself obviously

(because we all know you enjoyed the last one)

fuck off

have fun x

but not too much fun

if you know what I'm saying ;)

I don't like you

never have

never will

And after that dilemma in the car, we were at the train station, five minutes left until the train arrived. I'm walked rather swiftly to my platform before saying my goodbyes. I get the generic "be safe, don't do drugs," talk. Okay, maybe not the "don't do drugs bit", but I'm sure if they thought I was immature enough they would've said it. Plus, I like to imagine it happened that way, it's funnier. So maybe, yes, yes I am immature. And then there's Dan.

"See you, loser," he says, pulling me into a hug.

"It's only a week, don't be getting soppy,"

"Oh, like you when Mason left?"

"That was different,"

"Mhm, not because you have a big, fat crush on him, then? No?" He teases and I punch his arm, earning a glare from my parents.

"Nah, seriously though, Ash, have fun. I'm glad you get to see him again. I know how happy he makes you and the smile that's been on your face since you found out you were going to be seeing him again... It's been amazing. So I swear to god, the both of you better hurry up and just get together,"

"Woah, thanks for the motivational speech," I say, "Bro," I add in an attempt to make him feel uncomfortable, but only making myself feel that way.

"Never, and I mean never, say that ever again," I smirk, knowing that in my own discomfort, I still managed to cause him disgust. He pulls me into a tight hug. Dan and I had always been rather close, it wasn't until last year that it got to this point. And though I'd never care to admit it to his face, or anyone else for that matter, he's seriously one of my best friends.

"Love you, kiddo,"

"Love you too, Dan,"

"Final call for the Southern rail train heading towards Chichester," The tannoy blares out.

"Now for the start of my 15 hours, 6 or 7 trains long journey,"

"Good luck," He laughs as I climb on board, take my seat and wave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fifteen hours later and I'm finally at Arnhem Centraal Station. I'm up and ready to get off the train minutes before we've stopped. So, when the train does come to a halt, I'm straight off and almost running to the outside of the station. Mason had told me he'd wait there, insisting he'd get himself lost and not get to the right platform. The station wasn't too busy, after all, it was just after midnight. When I finally get outside, I see Mason stood looking around like a lost puppy next to a lampost. His hair is all fluffy, he's wearing my favourite hoodie on him, his hand are in his sweatpants pockets, looking almost nervous. 

"Mase!" I shout over to him. His head turns in my direction and his face glowing and his eyes lit up and I can only imagine that I look the same. And, in that moment, I don't know what came over me, but I listened to everything anyone had ever told me about Mason's supposed adoration for me. I listen to Dan's departing, "hurry up and just get together" and even foolishly to Declan's joke about kissing him. And I act on it. I act on it with all the withheld passion from the last year and a half or so. I drop my bags and run towards him and when I reach him, I don't allow myself time to think. Because I know that if I did, there would be no way I'd be doing this right now. I smash my lips to his. For the first second or two, he doesn't respond, but after what might have been the initial shock of it, he begins to kiss back, with as much fire and compassion behind it as I had been hoping to display. His hands, gently in my hair, as mine rest on the sides of his neck, pulling him in closer. It's like I'm in need of air, but the air isn't the oxygen or the nitrogen in the atmosphere, it's him. It's always been him. In the moment of the kiss, we are our pure and vulnerable selves. In that moment of the kiss, we are in each other's protective cocoon. In his kiss, I am home. We pull away from each other and I look down at the floor shyly and he lets out a nervous laugh.

"Well... that was something," he says and I can hear the smile in his voice causing me to smile down at my feet. He lifts my chin and places another kiss on my lips, this one lighter, more gentle.

"Let's go get your bags and head home shall we?" He asks, running over and fetching my bags for me, both taking one suitcase each. My hand brushes against his and I see him look at me out of the corner of my eye before taking my hand in his, intertwining our fingers.

The door has barely been closed before the passion reignites, the walk home only making our want and our need for each other so much stronger. And as he takes my hand and leads me upstairs, I can't help but ask the question.

"Is this... Is this going where I think it is?"

"If you want it to, I'm not going to force you,"

"Mase... I've never done this before..."

"We don't have to do anything, not if you don't want to. We go at your pace,"

"I want to..." I say biting my lip slightly, and with those three words Mason has us rushing upstairs again.

A/N: Omg after 32 chapters they finally know about their feelings for each other!