*~𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 33~*

Warnings: Mentions of sexual activity

I wake up the next morning, an arm wrapped around my waist, a chin resting on my head and a warm body pressed up against my back. The images from last night come flooding back, producing a smile. I feel Mason move beside me and turn myself over to face him. I'm met with a soft and gentle kiss to my lips, tender. 

"Morning beautiful," he says, his voice husky.

"Morning handsome," I reply.

"Last night was fun," he says smiling widely. I don't know what to say without being cringey, so I just nod. He wiggles his way out of bed, throwing some clothes on.

"Where are you going?" I ask.

"Pancakes or bacon sandwiches?" He asks.

"Ooh, well, it'll have to be pancakes, won't it?" Mason makes a move towards the door.

"Um, Mase... My suitcase with all my clothes is downstairs," I say, biting my lip to suppress a small laugh. He walks back into the room and starts raiding his wardrobe, picks out a pair of sweatpants and a baggy t-shirt for me and passing them to me.

"You can wear these today," he says. I smile at him, mouthing the words 'thank you' before he leaves to go and cook our pancakes. 

I find my way to the kitchen and hear Mason quietly humming to the song playing through the radio. I make my presence known and take a seat at the table. The silence between us is uncomfortable. After last night, neither of us really know what to say to each other. We didn't talk about the kiss on the way home and when we got home... Well, you know how that went. When he serves up the pancakes, placing them in front of me and any toppings in the middle of the table.

"Mase, we should probably talk about last night,"

"Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Ash, I like you, like a lot. I think I have since I met you, to be honest. I mean who wouldn't. And I'd understand if you didn't want a relationship and if last night was just because you've missed me-"

"Who has sex with someone just because they miss them?" I laugh, "Mase, I like you too. I've been kicking myself since the first Christmas we spent together for not just telling you that the kiss meant something. And for not telling you before you left. I thought the distance between us would stop the way I feel about you, but it didn't and I've hated every single moment I've had to spend away from you. I can't live without you, Mase. I need you," I say, all the words just spilling out. He looks at me stunned, but with a slight smile on his face. 

"I need you too, more than you could ever know," he replies, standing up just to press a kiss on my forehead. The moment feels so intimate.

"I want this. I want us, Ash. I want to give it a go. So, how about we go out for dinner tonight or stay in and have a movie night?"

"Is this you finally asking me out on a date, Mount?"

"It might be," he replies cheekily, "I want to treat you, so dress fancy, I'll take you somewhere nice. It's the least you deserve," 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Merce, Rhea, seriously, I mean it. Help me out, what am I supposed to wear," I say, exasperated whilst the girls just laugh at my panic. 

"Look, whatever you wear, he's going to think you're amazing. That's clear enough from the fact he asked you out," Rhea says, trying to act serious.

"Which, is what we've been telling you for over a year," Merci adds.

"So, go with something that compliments your skin colour, a dark red would look nice on you. Put on a small bit of natural makeup,"

"Red looks good on everyone?" I interrupt.

"Shut up. Just go out and find a nice dress and have a nice night. By the end of it, you could be officially dating him. And, by the way, you better fill me in on all of the gossip when you get home,"

"And me!" I roll my eyes before saying bye and hanging up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My nerves were sky-high, I looked back at myself in the mirror. I'd listened to Rhea's advice, minimalistic and a reasonably long, dark red dress. The material sways with each movement I make as I move to walk out of the guest bedroom. I'd heard Mason make his way downstairs about ten minutes before me. As I make my way down the stairs I feel like I'm on that one scene in Harry Potter. The one where Hermione walks down the stairs all ready for the Yule Ball. I have Mason watching me as I walk down, his eyes filled with what I can only describe as awe. This is the first time I'll admit that I can see what everyone meant with the way he looks at me. 

"Wow..." he says, making me let out a little laugh, "You look stunning," he adds breathily.

"Thanks," I blush, "You look pretty hot too." And it's the complete truth, he looks amazing. He's dressed in the standard white shirt, black suit, tie and trousers, but it looks so good on him.

"One second," I say, taking a few steps towards him, noticing his wonky tie and fixing it.

"Thanks," he laughs, "So are you ready?" I nod and he links my arm with his before leading me to the car.