*~𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 16~*

I wake up to the sound of my phone buzzing, not an alarm, but everyone texting in the group chat.

The Three Musketeers Doubled

6:03 AM

Mase:

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!

Dec:

Merry Christmas!

Rhea: 

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Dec...

Where's your enthusiasm

Dec:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

that better?

Rhea:

Yup :)

Lauchie: 

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Merci:

HAPPY CHRISTMAS

MERRY CHRISTMAS

But guys...

It's 5 past 6 in the morning...

Really?

Mase:

You're telling me you're not already up?

Nope

I value my sleep

Dec

She's boring

Ay!

Merci:

We get to see each other tomorrow

Lauchie:

More presents!

Rhea:

🙄

Mase:

Yes Lachlan, more presents

😂

Anyway, I'm gonna go wake everyone else up now

Might as well

Mase:

See you later

Rhea:

Let us know what you got!

Will do!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Knock knock.

"Dan? You awake?"

"I am now,"

"Get your arse out of bed then," I hear some scrambling around then he opens the door.

"You're annoying sometimes, you know that right?"

"Yup," I smile, "Blame Mason. He started a conversation on the group chat. The notifications woke me up." Dan goes to wake our parents whilst I go and wait downstairs, just as excitable as I was at the age of 6. Christmas had always been my favourite holiday. Winter, in general, was my favourite time of the year, the snow, the hot chocolate, the cliche of sitting by a fireplace. It all just felt so magical, even as a teenager. Christmas really was the 'most wonderful time of the year' as described in that one Christmas song by Andy Williams. I couldn't wait for tomorrow either, it was like having a 2nd Christmas, this time spent with all my closest friends. So surrounded by my family, we began to open our presents.