*~𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 12~*

Warnings: Small amount of under-age drinking

After telling my parents about the big news about my new job, they decided to throw a small party the next Saturday. Well, more of a family get together with a few special guests and family friends. Obviously, there was my mum, dad and brother, Daniel. Then there were my 2 sets of grandparents and then a family friend, Jai and his girlfriend Steph. There were a few cousins and aunts and uncles there too. What I didn't expect was for Mason and his family to turn up. I saw them walk in with my Dad as he walked around and introduced them to the odd family member. He saw me from across the room and smiled, making an excuse to come over and see me.

"Wasn't aware you were going to be here,"

"Neither was I, I would've mentioned it if I knew," 

"Sorry about him by the way," I say, nodding towards my Dad.

"It's fine, he's just being polite," he says, still grinning. I spend most of the night by Mason's side, so questions are always asked when I leave to talk to relatives. Most of them were along the lines of "When are you going to introduce us to your boyfriend then?" or "Who's the boyfriend?" to which I just shook my head and laughed. By the end of the night, Mason and I had become equally bored, so we decided to go out for a bit of fresh air, after the toast of course.

"Asher. You have no idea how proud of you we are. Your first job being with Chelsea FC before you've even gotten any qualifications is insane. Even though none of us here support Chelsea and you're the only blue in the family, we are still absolutely ecstatic for you. And Mason, thank you for helping our girl get the job, if she hasn't told you already, it means the world to her. So, to Asher and Mason." My mum says, her champagne flute raised in the air. Everyone else follows the example.

"To Asher and Mason!"

Mason and I slip out the front door a few minutes later, sneaking a bottle of Kopparberg Cider each, not enough to get us drunk enough for people to notice. By the time we're at the nearest children's playground, half our bottles are gone. We sit on the swings, legs swaying back and forth slowly, in time with each other. By the time it was 10 o'clock, it was freezing and I was trying to gather warmth by wrapping my arms around my body.

"You cold?" Mason asks, moving to take off his hoodie, "Have this," I take it willingly, throwing it on over my head.

"Thanks," I smile, feeling slightly warmer than I was before.

"We should head back soon, it's getting late, surprised no one's called us home yet, " I raise my eyebrows in agreement.

"Come on," he says, jumping off the swing and reaching his arm out towards me. I wrap my hand around his wrist and he does the same, pulling me over to a nearby bench. We sit down, huddling together for warmth, his arms wrapped around me and my head on his chest. I feel him press a light kiss to the top of my head. I look up at him, confused, just to see him looking right back down at me, smiling.

"Sorry," he said, "Did I overstep?"

"No, no, it's okay," I smile back. I look down at my phone to see a message from my Mum.

"Can you head home now, you'll be getting cold," I read aloud, "Come on, my Mum wants us back," I say standing up. We speedwalk back, eager to get back into the warmth of the house. Before we walk inside, I turn to Mason

"You're not getting this back anytime soon, you know that right?" He laughs quietly at me.

"Wasn't expecting to, to be honest, got plenty more at home anyway."

By the time its 2am, everyone has begun to head home. Mason had headed home not long after we'd gotten back from the park, his Mum and Dad wanting him to get a decent nights sleep before the match against Tottenham Hotspurs U18s the following day. Realistically, I should've gone to bed earlier as I would be expected to be up for 6:30 to be picked up by Mase and his family. We had roughly a 2 hour drive up to the Spurs training ground and had to be there for 9am. My mum was taking me to next weekend's match, her, my dad and Dan wanting to come and support Mason. So with my eyelids heavy, I headed off to bed to make the most of the next 4 hours of sleep.