*~𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 9~*

The other two trials sessions went just as well as the first, and by the time it was Sunday, I was enraptured by the possibility of this job. On Wednesday, we'd gone through all of my information, safety checks and all sorts of other things so that if I were to be offered the job, then the club would have everything ready for my employment. As usual, Jody was there to welcome Mason and me, sending him through to the changing rooms to get ready for his match against Aston Villa U18s. He pulls me aside, bringing another training jacket from behind his back and holds it out in front of him. He rotated it around, the front had my name sewn onto it on the left-hand side of my chest. He then moves to pull a lanyard out of his pocket with an ID. I don't know when it sunk in, or when the excitement finally hit me in the face, but the next thing I knew, I was hugging Jody tightly, thanking him for letting me have this chance.

"Put them on," He says passing me the jacket and ID. I take it from his hands, sliding the jacket over my head and putting the ID around my neck.

"Welcome to Chelsea FC," He says shaking my hand, bearing a beaming smile. He walks me over to a desk, an employment contract lays in front of the chair. I take a seat, read through it and sign. My first ever sports photography job had been secured. I knew it was never usually that easy and that I had Mason and Declan to thank for putting a good word forward, but I still felt a large sense of accomplishment. We both walk out afterwards to the pitchside where more Chelsea officials greet me with a handshake, congratulating me on my job. When the teams emerged onto the pitch, I saw Mason looking around until he locked eyes with me. He saw the lanyard around my neck and his eyes widened and he broke into a smile. I see Jody nod at Mase in my peripheral vision, giving him permission to run over and congratulate me also. He sprints over and as he approaches he opens his arms. But instead of just hugging me like a normal person, he wraps his arms around my torso, lifts me off the ground and spins me. This earns a couple of immature wolf whistles and calls of "Go on, Mase!" from the Chelsea side. He puts me down and we look at each other, shaking our heads at the childishness of the team.

"Well done," He says quietly, looking down softly at me.

"Was mostly you, but I'll take the praise anyway," I smirk teasingly, "In all seriousness though, thank you. Now go out there and win,"

"I'll make sure I score another goal for you," He laughs before running off to his teammates. A few of them touched him on the arm as he made his way over to Declan, some making comments, all of which I couldn't quite make out. I turn to face Jody, waiting for instructions. Instead, he's stood shaking his head.

"What?" I question defensively.

"Nothing, nothing. Just go and take your photos, you don't need to focus on a specific player this time just take a photo when you think it'll be good for promos," He replies, passing me yet another object, this time a new camera. I look up at him, my mouth agape, unsure of what to say,

"Just go," He laughs and I run off to where I think will be the best position for shots today. By the end of the match, it was 3-1 to Chelsea, Mason had scored 1, so had Tammy and so had Callum Hudson-Odoi and Jared Thompson had made multiple good saves, only conceding one. I scanned through the hundreds of photos I'd taken until I get a scare. Mason and Declan have crept up behind me, shouting as they slammed their hands on my shoulders. I jump slightly before turning around and being embraced by both of the boys.

"Told you I'd get a goal for you," Mason whispers still hugging me.

"Knew you would," I whisper back.