Chapter Fifteen

There was peace in Harry's life for a while after that, Draco never picked a fight, Harry didn't find trouble everywhere he went, and everything was just fine. Harry knew what Voldemort was up to and how to shut it down. It was like a dream he didn't want to end, and he was in a noticeably better mood.

"You seem happy...What gives?" It seemed even his snake picked up on his decent attitude. Rio must have been used to how grumpy Harry was constantly. Harry could, of course, still find reasons to grouch around, but he just found more reasons to not.

"Would you rather me be glum?" Rio shook his head, his tongue snaking out to taste the air. He squinted at Harry, looking a little suspicious.

"No, but this just isn't really you...." Was Rio accusing him of not being Harry? He wasn't that much of a crabby wart. He snickered, and Rio narrowed his eyes, studying Harry's face.

"I swear I'm Harry Rio!" The viper made a little 'humph' noise as he curled back up, one eye still on Harry. Harry rolled his eyes and removed the covers from himself so he could leave the bed. Halloween would come very soon, and Harry had a good feeling that everything would go back to his standard.

A normal that regularly included almost dying and a noseless wizard hunting him down. He quite liked the lull and wasn't looking forward to the future. Before, his life was dull, serving the Dursley's and that was pretty much it. He'd been excited to go into the wizarding world, Harry still was excited.

But this was all too much; he'd give anything to just be a nobody for a little. A regular wizard who could go through Hogwarts with nothing but exams to fear. Harry shouldn't wish things like that though, that wasn't the life he was given.

Harry made his way to the common room, spotting Xira about to drift off on a chair. He wondered if she had been waiting there for him or if she had studied all night once more. He poked her chestnut-colored cheek, and her eyes opened. She wiped some drool away from her mouth and stared up at him with half-lidded eyes.

"Why are you up?" She asked, clearly confused and still half asleep.

"Why are you here?" Harry questioned back, putting emphasis on you. Xira looked around the common room, a perplexed look falling upon her face when she spotted the other people. She looked back up at Harry and noticed his slight smirk.

"Did I fall asleep down here again?" Xira already looked like she knew the answer, but Harry was pleased to give it to her anyway.

"You did." She groaned; Xira had been doing this for the past week. It seemed no matter how much she tried to stay awake, once it hit twelve, she was out like a light. Harry thought she would have known better by now, but it appears she still was trying.

"I thought you would have learned by now...." Harry said in a fake disappointed tone while shaking his head. Xira huffed and rolled her eyes; she got up off the couch and started to make her way to her dorm. Harry guessed she was going to change; her robes were quite ruffled.

Harry patiently waited for her, his mind drifting slightly as he stood there. Today there was no class, but Harry still had work to do. Tutoring Xira in defense against the dark arts, she was still terribly bad. She was more stubborn than an ox, and that made her impossible to teach.

They were making some plodding progress, but progress was progress. The nasty glares they got in the library didn't help, though; that's why Harry was going to take her somewhere else today. Maybe then they could get some actual studying in.

Xira was walking back down the stairs now; she changed into a casual t-shirt and jeans. Her coiled hair is now in a ponytail. Harry wondered what took her so long. She walked over to him; she looked sluggish. Harry guessed she didn't get good sleep last night.

"What took you so long?" Harry asked when she finally was standing in front of him. She rolled her eyes and started to walk, not answering his question. He followed after her, already knowing she was on her way to get breakfast.

It didn't take long for them to eat, both of them not really peckish. Harry hadn't told Xira what he wanted to show her yet. When Harry stopped Xira from going to their usual route to the library, she shot him a bewildered look.

"Why did you stop me?" Her brows were scrunched. Harry just gave her a grin, one that had Xira curious. He motioned her to follow him, and she hesitated. Xira questioned him with her eyes, searching his face. Harry could see distrust on her face and wondered how often she saw distrust on his.

"C'mon!" He let rare childlike excitement take over, and she finally, if reluctantly, tagged along. It felt weird to just let the weight of everything go; Harry wasn't used to it. It was nice though, he felt alive; he was living.

By the time they reached the fifth floor, Xira was beat. She looked like she couldn't go any farther.

"Where are we going, Harry?" She whined, but Harry wouldn't give her any answers. She would have to find out when they got there.

"Only two more floors!" He said in an unusually positive way; Xira groaned behind him. But she continued to tail Harry. Finally, they had reached the seventh floor, Xira looking grumpy and worn out. Harry started walking toward something, an excited gleam in his eyes.

He stopped in front of a wall; to Xira, he looked absolutely bonkers.

"I hope this works...." He mumbled to himself and started to pace in front of the wall. He was wholly focused on a single thought. The same room he had in his fifth year to teach, this time, it would only be one student. And just like before, a door appeared seemingly out of nowhere.

"Yes!" Harry exclaimed enthusiastically; he'd been worried that for some reason this time, there would be no room of requirement. He looked over to see Xira had her jaw on the floor, wide blue eyes staring straight at the door.

"Come here!" Xira still looked utterly dumbfounded as she slowly walked over to where Harry was. He opened the door for her, and she walked in, in complete astonishment as she looked around. Harry felt nostalgia as he entered; this was where he had his first kiss.

This is where he taught friends and kids who didn't know how to stand up for themselves. Those times would never come, a sad but true realization.

"Are you going tutor me here?" Harry was glad Xira snapped him out of memory lane. That was a road he should avoid. He met her eyes and smiled.

"Yep! I'm hoping here I can actually teach you something." She gave him a fake offended look.

"Are you insinuating I'm hard to teach?" Xira made her voice raise in pitch; she was a terrible actress. He could tell she was seconds away from breaking.

"No way! Xira, out of all my pupils, you are by far the best!" Out of all his pupils, she was undoubtedly the worst. She started laughing, and Harry joined her. It was hysterical light laughter. They both were soon brought to tears, clutching their bellies.

"Seriously though, thank you...." She wiped the joyful tears from her eyes, a genuine look of appreciation on her face.

"Don't thank me yet! Remember, we've got work to do!" Xira grumbled as Harry walked toward a shelf, picking up the exact book he needed. They sat down in two chairs next to each other, and Harry dived into teaching her.

A filler chapter yes, but still a chapter! I hope you've enjoyed!

                                                                                      -Lemon Nugget