(Year Two) Chapter One

Albus sank into his chair, eyes closed, and his spectacles were placed on the table. He was in his office at Hogwarts, a place where he could think properly. The sheer abundance of items here would overwhelm most people, but his knickknacks only gave him a feeling of pride.

Many of these things were obtained by him. Or bought to be part of his collection. His most valuable possession was certainly Fawkes, though right now, she was about to turn into ash and be reborn once more.

His robes were bright green with orange polka dots. Albus had always loved to dress in outrageous clothes, especially as he grew older and had less shame. His pure white beard made him feel wise, and he loved to stroke it when thinking.

The chair supported his aching back well. Albus wasn't the spry young man he once was. There was a distinct lemon smell in the air, the scent of the lemon drops in his mouth. Albus would never tire of these delicious candies. Muggles discovered something quite genius with them.

But Albus was pondering what occurred last school year. Nothing had gone according to plan, and that made him anxious. You could say he was a control freak, but he couldn't help it. If you wanted something done, you had to do it yourself.

Harry wasn't sorted into Gryffindor; Harry hadn't made friends with any children that Albus could trust. The only friend Harry had was that Montenoose girl. Albus didn't like any of it, not at all. The stone had disappeared as well, along with Voldemort.

Surely Albus would know if Voldemort had gotten his hands on it. Of course, he would. But if he didn't have it, who did? Harry? This Harry hadn't been the Harry he'd expected. No. Not at all. Hadn't Albus specifically tailored him to be the way he needed him to be?

Yet Harry wasn't how he was supposed to be. He was a Slytherin. He was cautious and had wisdom to him. Albus knew that Harry wouldn't do the foolishly heroic acts needed. What if he didn't complete his destiny? The world would be doomed.

The boy didn't like him, and Albus didn't know why. He should've attached himself to the new people in his life after being neglected for so long. He's only talked to that girl. Albus would have to speak to her, maybe ask her some things about Harry. She seemed in awe every time she saw him.

That should work in his favor. If you can't get to the boy, get to his friends. Albus had to make sure the boy followed his plans exactly after this point. There would be no more going off-trail. In the end, it would be worth it.

As much as Albus wanted to save the life of Harry, his destiny was set in stone. Albus figured it out very quickly. Harry was a Horcrux, and Voldemort would have to destroy him after Harry destroyed all the other Horcruxes. It was all for the greater good. One life for millions. An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.

That's what Albus had to say to himself to shake off the guilt. Maybe he was a crazy old man, but he was a crazy old man with power, determination, and motive. There's a lot anybody can do with just one of those things, but he had all three.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saffi seemed to dislike the Dursley's home, and Harry didn't blame her. Harry could feel how dead it was now that he had Hogwarts to compare it to. The snakes were less lively, and Harry now knew why. Saffi had told him that creatures reacted to magic, so obviously, the lack of magic would affect them.

The summer was uneventful as always, but now Harry knew to expect a special house guest soon. Vernon's hissed threats to be quiet up in his room didn't faze him. Harry knew that wouldn't happen, even if he tried pretty hard.