Chapter 6: I Never Knew You Felt That Way

Before the morning came, Klaus hurried to go down to town to help Jesper deliver the larger packages. Since he woke up much earlier in the dawn, he was able to arrive before it was time for Jesper to wake up. He sat outside of the post office until Jesper arrived. "It's pretty foggy this morning," Klaus said to himself. "Jesper is not gonna like this..." After sitting there for quote some time, he noticed a silhouette walking towards the post office. That's Jesper! Klaus was excited to even see his silhouette. He was going to greet him brightly as soon as Jesper was able to see him. 

"Klaus? Is that you?" Jesper asked.

"Oh, you can see me?" Klaus asked.

"Yes, you're the only person in this island who's that tall and that stocky," Jesper said.

"Is that a good thing?" Klaus asked.

"I was complimenting you," Jesper said as his appearance started to show through the fog. "So it is a good thing."

"Well, thank you," Klaus said with a bright smile. He was then going to greet him joyfully, but the sudden massive wave of awkwardness hit both Klaus and Jesper. As they looked at each other in the eyes, they blushed. Jesper scratched the side of his head and Klaus cleared his throat. "Well, uh... good morning..." Klaus said.

"Yeah, uh, good morning, heh," Jesper said and awkwardly snickered in the end of his statement. "So, may I ask why you are here so early?" Jesper asked.

"To help you deliver the large packages, of course," Klaus said.

"But I don't deliver them until after 5 in the afternoon when the post office is closed for the day," Jesper said. 

"I forgot about that," Klaus said as he scratched the back of his head.

They stood there awkwardly for a moment. "Uh, wanna go inside?" Jesper asked.

"Um, actually," Klaus said. "I should probably go back home until it's time for you to deliver the letters and packages."

"Okay, see you at 4," Jesper said.

"See you soon," Klaus said and headed back home. 

********

As Jesper stepped out of the post office, he saw Klaus came back. "Good afternoon!" Klaus greeted.

"Good afternoon," Jesper greeted back. 

"Klaus, will you be helping me until I take my sling off?" Jesper asked.

"Of course, I will," Klaus said with a gentle smile.

"Well then, why don't you come by my house tonight?" Jesper offered as he started to walk out. "I just want to treat you some dinner to show my gratitude."

Ah... ah! Having a dinner at Jesper's house! Klaus thought as his face turned really red. This is a dream come true!!! 

When Jesper and Klaus collected the letters and packages to deliver, Mogens jumped in to 'greet' Jesper. "Gyood aftahnoon Jespurr!" Mogens exclaimed in playful tone. 

"Good afternoon, Mogens," Jesper said without even looking at him. 

"What happened to your arm, Jes?" Mogens asked as he noticed the sling on his left arm. 

"I hurt it," Jesper replied.

"Aww, you want me to kiss it to make it feel better?" Mogens teased. 

"You'll make it worse," Jesper said as he scoffed. 

"Come on," Mogens said as he tugged on his arm.