Chapter 8: The Truth Is...

Lydia has appeared in Klaus' dream once again. It was different this time as he was not outside or anything. He was still in Jesper's spare bedroom. He greeted Lydia with a warm hug, as usual. 

"So, how are things going with the postman?" Lydia asked. 

"Things have been a little awkward..." Klaus confessed. 

"But he understands that you were trying to be protective," Lydia said. "Just like you were being protective of me. That was the part I loved about you."

Klaus chuckled instead of replying.

"Is something holding you back from confessing your feelings to him?" Lydia asked.

"It seems so, but I'm not sure what it is," Klaus replied. 

"Hmm, it's definitely not me, isn't it?" Lydia asked. "Please be honest with me, I won't mind." Lydia comforted him by being honest. 

Klaus answered, "Yes, I don't think it's you holding me back, since you really support me being in a relationship."

"Well then, may I suggest my analysis?" Lydia asked. Klaus nodded. "What I feel is that since you feel like you made him feel unhappy and needs time to recover so that it seems that the things that made him unhappy does not affect him as much anymore. Are you getting me?"

"Um, sort of..." Klaus replied. 

 "You will, eventually," Lydia continued. "Are there also things you did to him in the past that makes you feel regret?" 

"I believe so..." Klaus said. "I mean, I did talk to him about it a little bit today, but I wasn't very specific during the conversation."

"Okay, then maybe you can communicate that with him more just to make sure," Lydia said. "Even though he may not forgive, at least you'll know, and you'll eventually find out a way to get him to forgive you. I'm sure he will, though."

"I see," Klaus agreed. 

"Is there anything that may hold you back?" Lydia asked.

"I guess the most obvious things... the fact that we're both men and the fact that we have a huge age gap," Klaus said. "That scares me the most. What if he starts to feel awkward around me and want to avoid me for the rest of his life?" 

"Hmm, that does seem like a big problem," Lydia said. "I don't know how if I can give you a best advice but..." Lydia thought for a moment. "Once he knows that you have feelings for him, even though he may not like it in the beginning, he will start being more understanding or even acceptive. So I still suggest you give it a try. I mean, you guys still work together, and I believe more interaction will plant more acceptance. So, why don't you give it a try after clearing all the misunderstandings you think you have between you and him?"

Klaus smiled at Lydia and said, "Thank you love, I'll try that."

"Plus, you got plenty of time since you won't age," Lydia said. Klaus chuckled. "I'll see you tomorrow, then!"

"You're leaving already?" Klaus asked.

"I have to let you think about the things I just told you," Lydia said as she smiled and caressed his face. "You have a big decision to make!"

"I'll keep your words in mind, love," Klaus said as he held her hand that was caressing his face. She rubbed it gently one last time and disappeared, making Klaus wake up. 

Klaus organized all the things Lydia said to him. These day, my heart really beats for him, no doubt... and I think I'm really scared about how he is going to react when I confess to him. Also, I don't think he is in a great condition... physically and mentally, for him to take the confession... I should eventually tell him, but I should also give him some time so that he does not need to worry about anything else besides the feeling I have towards him... will I be able to do it...?