chapter 3- have courage and be kind

Italics+bold will be author's pov. I would be writing 2-3 lines between manan's povs please don't get confused 😅

*MANIK'S POV*
I looked at her from the corner of my eyes. She didn't seem to be fazed by the fact that she was currently seated in Mercedes limited edition top model. Huh! She must be planning on the inside how to make my money hers.

Or maybe her parents are rich that's why

Mocked my inner self. Well yeah that can be the option.

Red light stop came so the driver slowed down the car and eventually made it come to a complete still because no matter you're a mafia king or not you have to follow the red light rules.

Suddenly she looked towards me and said "mani-" I pulled up my hand to stop her from saying mani but to my surprise she flinched back. Did she..did she think I would hit her? For sure I hate her but that doesn't mean that I would abuse her that's just inhuman.

She looked down and said "sorry Mr. Malhotra I will not call you mani. I'll call you Mr. Malhotra or any other title you like. I just wanted to ask can you drop me here? I have some work. I'll come on my own."

I thought for a moment and said "hmm. You can go. But yeah come before 7pm. We have things to discuss."

She nodded her head and said "one last question. What should I call you?"

I looked at her and said "Mr. Malhotra would do." For some reason, hearing her say mani, made me think of a certain someone. For a moment there, I let myself believe that she is my nannu. But the 6 crore contract came in my mind and I am sure she can't be my nannu.

She nodded and said "thankyou Mr. Malhotra I'll go now." Although she said she would come home before 7pm, but I decided to ask my driver to take the car to my mansion and I decided to follow her.

Unknown to him, he had already started feeling protective and soft spot towards pari. Some part of his heart had believed that pari was his nannu. Now the only question is..when will manik understand?

After around 5 mins, she turned towards her left and entered a very bad looking apartment building.

In the groud floor itself, she entered a flat which said "pari singhania" Huh? Doesn't she live with her rich ass parents?.

I hid behind a pillar and pulled out my phone and clicked the photo of her apartment door and building and sent it to my private investigator and asked him after she gets out, he has to go and look inside the house.

Few seconds later, pari came out with a mini piano keyboard and stated exiting the building. I quickly went behind her keeping a safe distance. A few minutes of more walking she stopped in front of angel's orphanage. The same orphanage where my nannu lived.

She after greeting the care taker went inside and was circled with all the little orpahnge children. I could have swore one of the children said "hello nandu di" but I decided it's just my heart playing tricks with me.

One of the girls of age not more than 5 came and Sat on her lap. (Pari was sitting on the grass while the children sat in a circle surrounding her)

Pari was quick to react and circled her arms around her small form and said "what happened my baby? What made you upset?"

The little girl sitting on her lap sniffled and said "didu when I went to school today, one boy came up to me and started making fun of me saying no one wants to be my friends because I don't have a mommy and daddy."

Pari had tears in her eyes. She looked at her and mustered up a smile and said "baby. Those are bad kids. But that doesn't mean you have to be bad too. You just have to have courage and be kind. Rest everything will be OK." The girl smiled a bright smile.

But the quote, have courage and be kind made me go to flashback. It was my second day of visiting nandu. When..

Flashback

I happily came inside the orphanage garden to spend time with my nannu when I saw her little self curled up on a bench and sniffing.

I immediately went towards her and after sitting on the bench I pulled her to my bed and said "what happened my nannu? Who made you cry? Tell me. Your Mani won't leave them."

She sniffled and said "mani am I curse?" I immediately got angry. Who would say such bad things to my nannu. But for the sake of the little cutie sitting on my lap, I controlled my anger and said "no baby. You're not. What made you think so?"

She hicupped and said "one boy said me I don't have momma and papa so i am a curse."

I smiled softly at her and said "no baby. You aren't a curse. You just have to have courage and be kind. Rest everything will be OK."

She smiled and said "pinky promise?" I smiled and kissed her forehead and said "yes my baby pinky promise."

Flashback ends.

I didn't know I was crying until I felt a tear drop on my hand. I looked up And saw pari and the other kids laughing at something. An unknowing traitor smile came up to my lips seeing the scene unfold.

Suddenly one of the boys said "pari didi what are you gonna sing for us today?" Pari smiled and pulled out her mini keyboard and said "see for yourself" and then she started singing

I was stunned. Why was everything that pari does makes Me remember my nannu. When I couldn't sleep at night, nannu would sing me to sleep and her voice would be exactly same as Pari.

And this song, It was the first song of fab5 who was not sung for themselves. After nannu was adopted, 2-3 days after, I received a letter with an attached CD which said

"I know you're looking for me. I know you're worried too. But don't worry. Fate will bring us back together. And if it doesn't, I'll fight with fate. Till then, take care mani. And listen to their song when you can't sleep. I have written and dedicated to us. Yours nannu."

And after I heard the song I fell in love with it. From then, till now, I listen to it every night. But how does pari know this song?

Stupid! You only said na that this was the first song that fab5 released which was not sung by them. She must have listened from there.

Mocked my inner self again. But this time, I agreed with him.