chapter 14- someone special

Recap-
Manik gets to know about Pari's childhood and abuse. He feels guilty and decides to apologize to pari. There they share a moment and manik asks her to call him manik from now on. Then he says he'll drop her to the orphanage but pari refuses but manik bring stubborn says otherwise.

"I looked at her and said "its an order pari. And yeah it's manik for you."

And with that said, I left from her room, with a small smile on my face that I didn't realize I had."

*MANIK'S POV*
After saying that I will drop her to the orphanage, I went downstairs and into the basement where I had to make the toughest decision of my life-

Which car should I drive today. God it's so confusing!! Why me, a poor innocent child has to make the toughest decision?!

Pari, who now standing in front of me with i-knew-this-was-coming look said "and you're supposed to be the most arrogant billionaire and mafia king of the world. God this guy is a drama queen."

I bent down to her level and said "and what makes you think I don't look like one? Hmm?"

She looked at  me with utter disbelief and said "seriously? You're asking me this? Mr. Manik Malhotra. Here you are, standing in thr middle of your basement trying to figure out if you should pick your audi or Lamborghini with a cute pout on your face thinking that if you pick audi your Lamborghini will feel sad and vice versa."

And then she started laughing. And God if that wasn't the most pure and angelic sound I don't know what is.

Also, did I forget to mention? I was surprised. How does she know all of this? Not even my mom can figure me out this much. Only my nannu knows me to well.

I looked intensely in her eyes and said "you know, you remind of someone. Someone I knew. Someone special."

She became still and stared at me. An unknown emotion that I couldn't get to know, dancing in her eyes.

She asked in just above a whisper in a sweet, tender voice "who?"

I bent down to her level and said "nandini murthy. She used to live in the same orphanage as yours. Have you heard of her?"

She smiled, a small happy smile and said "yeah I know her. But we didn't talk much. I didn't talk to any of the orphanage people, not even the caretaker. Cause I was too shy. But I used to admire her from afar. She was quite beautiful."

I smiled, a proud smile and said "yeah that she was. And I still think, she's very beautiful today also. Anyway leave all that, I Remember you said that I looked cute with that pout. You find me cute? Ms. Pari?"

With that I slowly started walking towards her with her taking steps back until her back hit my audi door.

I put both of my hands on either side of her, successfully trapping her in between me and said huskily "say na pari. You find me cute? Hmm?"

She blushed and said "when did I say you look cute? I said your pout looks cute."

And then she locked eyes with me, her lips forming into a small smirk and said "waise bhi (anyway) pari singhania only finds herself cute. And no one else."

I leaned dangerously close to her lips and said "that I can't argue upon. You're definitely cute. BTW, it's no longer pari singhania, it's pari Malhotra now. Let's go. We have to go to the orphanage now. I am taking the Lamborghini."

With that I went towards my Lamborghini whistling a random tune.

The whole ride to the orphanage was went in a comfortable silence, with pari looking outside the window having a small, content smile on her face, and me stealing glances of her.

*NANDINI'S POV*
The whole ride, I was thinking how me and mani had unknowingly re created one of put childhood memory.

I was right he doesn't remember because at that time, we were playing and it was a dew days after manik and I had gotten married. According to him, it was our 2 month anniversary and he had to chose a dress for me for our play date.

FLASHBACK
it was currently 12pm, and Mani has still not decided my dress. I went upto him only to see him sitting on my bed with his arms crossed and a cute pout on his face with my 2 dresses laid on my bed.

I went upto him and said "are you sure you're the next mafia king? Cause you look like a 3 year old child with a cute pout who can't decide which chocolate to eat."  With that I started laughing.

After I calmed down, I saw him looking at me with a weird emotion. Maybe he wants chocolate? He suddenly pulled me to the bed so that I was now trapped under him with him above me and he then asked with his voice a little deep than usual "so you think I look cute huh?"

I looked up at him confidently and said "no I don't. Nandini murthy doesn't find anyone cute other than herself."

He rolled his eyes and said "yeah yeah sure. BTW, it's nandini manik Malhotra now for you my darling" and with that he started tickling me.

After our little tickle session, we Sat cuddling on the couch, and watched our favorite movies together.

FLASHBACK ENDS