chapter 12- do you get deja vu huh?

Recap-
On karwachauth, pari is on fast, manik accepts he has a soft spot for her. In order to not get more attached, he had made a list to do chores of the whole house. Pari does as she is told.
In the evening, when it is time to break the fast, pari feels weak because she's still not well and then she looses consciousness.

"He looked at me and said "why didn't you tell me today you had fast, tell me pari! You're still weak."

I couldn't register what he said, black dots started appearing in front of my eyes and the alst thing I felt was two strong arms preventing me from falling."

*MANIK'S POV*
Oh my God! How can I be so stupid!! She didn't even properly recover from her previous injury and here she is fainted in my arms.

I immediately took the water from her glass and sprinkled some water on her face. Thankfully she gained her consciousness and I made her drink some water and a ladoo.

After I made sure she was ok and said "are you mad?! You have not even recovered yet and you ate doing a fast. On top of that you did even flicking work that I gave. Why didn't you tell?! Forget that. Why are you even on a fast?! I didn't even bother to make you wear a mangalshtra. This is a fucking deal for me. Get that thing in the thick head of yours."

She smiled. Again smiled. "That's the thing Mr. Malhotra. This marriage, might be deal for you. But it isn't for me. Dinner is ready. You have it. I don't want to have right now. I'll be in my room if you need me."

With that she left. But before going downstairs, she stopped and said without looking at me. "Not every relationship is give and take sir. Hr sooner you'll understand it, the more you'll be happy."

There she goes again. Reminding me of my nannu again. She turned towards me with a smirk on her face and sang Olivia Rodrigo's song lyric "do you get deja vu huh?"

WHAT.THE.FUCK. how does she know that. Is she psychic? Or  a witch? Or a supernatural creature? Wait that's not possible. Oh god I am getting mad day by day.

I quickly shook my head attempting to clear my mind a bit, and went to the dinner table to eat.

While eating I couldn't help but remember how me and nandu used to be. Just the two of us and our cute talks. Also how I used to steal kisses from her.

Flashback
I was here in the orphanage with my baby love with me and she was half asleep which made her talks of no sense. But I find it cute.

We were currently in the garden lying on a mattress with pillows and blanket ans a picnic basket full of our favorite food.

We were peacefully star gazing when nannu suddenly shouted "maniiiiiiii"

I immediately got alert and hugged her close to my heart fearing she got hurt. I then started looking all over her body for injuries.

Once I saw none I looked at her to see her already looking at me with a huge grin in her face. I raised my one brow at her as of asking why the hell did she shout.

Her smile changed into a pout and she said "mani I want the moon." I looked up And saw her pointing towards the glowing full moon.

She then nudged me and said "you don't want it?" I lightly shook my head no and said "no my baby. I don't because I already have a moon with me."

She looked up at me and asked with curiosity and sparkle in her eyes "who?"

I looked down at her and pecked her forehead and said "it's my baby. It's has always been you."

Her eyes twinkled and she said "really? I am your moon?"

I smiled softly at her and said "oh baby you are my whole universe."
She squealed cutely and hugged me and said "and you're mine."

After a few hours of more talking, I was about to go home and my baby was sad. So I tapped on her shoulder and forwarded my cheek to her indicating her to give me a kiss.

She smiled and when she was about to kiss me, I turned my head so now her lips landed on mine. She immediately froze and after a few seconds, pulled away, blushing furiously. I grinned seeing my plan worked to cheer her up.

With a last peck on her lips, I went from there.

FLASHBACK ENDS

____________________________

I know it's a short update but I am stuck with studies. I have my offline practical tomorrow too :(

Do tell how was it

Until then,
Stay safe,
Love,
Pakhi ❤