chapter 4- love conquers all

*NANDINI'S POV*

i knew the whole time mani was following me. i mean, who wouldn't? he was thinking to himself so loudly that a deaf person could hear him too.

 i visit this orphanage daily. and knowing mani, i knew he would follow me thinking i am planning something against him.

that's why  i called my maa (she calls the orphanage owner maa) and told her to ask the kids to call me Pari. and if the kids ask why, just tell them it's my nickname.

i had no plan to give Mani hints. i even didn't plan on singing strong or using that quote "have courage and be kind" it's just that when that little girl Pihu came and told me about her bully, flashbacks of my own days when Mani and I didn't have a complicated life came.

whenever i was upset, he would calmly hold me and would say "no problem my nannu, i am here for you. we'll fight together."

now fate has brought us together, but we have to fight each other. the song 'strong' i wrote is very close to my heart. specially the line "i believe in you and me. we are strong"

this song is basically my side of the story. whenever i used to get time when my so called parents were out drinking, i used to write songs.

i knew what my mani would have went through after i  'disappeared'. i also know the fact that he would have gone crazy when he couldn't find me.

that's when i decided to mail this song to mani. to give him hope, if hope is strong and you believe in each other, you can win over anything. love conquers all.

I didn't know my parents were gonna make me married to the love of my life. this is the probably the first time i'll be thankful to them. 

they just made my work easier. to be honest, i didn't have a plan. but they just made it easier. thankyou my asswhole parents. but i still hate you. (no hate to any parents out there. you all are sweethearts. but to be honest, they deserved this. but again, no offence)

after spending quality time with the kids and maa, i bid bye to them, an began walking to the Malhotra Mansion. 

but on my way to the mansion, some very girre hue log started teasing me. i was about to teach them a good listen, but what they said made me go numb on my place.

 (sorry guys i couldn't remember the english name please somebody translate and write in comments my brain isn't working now.)

*MANIK'S POV*

i was following pari when some road side people decided to tease her. she looked very angry and was about to beat the shit out of them but what they said made her numb on her place.

they said "hmm. look guys who is here. Ms. oh sorry Mrs. Malhotra. so you have asked 6 crore to be with Manik. come on, come with us. we'll give you 10 crore for tonight and a good time too."

WTF!! who leaked the information about the contract marriage?! it was supposed to be said that me and pari had a love marriage.

i don't know what came into me, but i went towards them, grabbed the collar of the one who said those things to pari and said "how dare you say such things to my wife huh?! you better watch your tongue because you also know what csn be the consequences for messing with the Mafia king's wife. now get lost!"

"and yeah never i mean never tease girls. even if she isn't the a mafia king's husband. otherwise you know i can kill a person without thinking twice."

and with that, i grabbed pari's waist, and ,made my way to the mansion. the whole journey, she didn't say a word. she was just looking down and walking."

when we entered the mansion, i immediately let go off her waist and when i made her look at me, i found her crying.

i couldn't help but use my fingers to wipe her tears. she looked shocked. i mean it isn't her fault too. i have been nothing but an ass to her.

i looked at her and said without even thinking anything "what are you looking at? i may not like you but i don't like people messing up with what's mine."

she had an astonished look on her face. as soon as i got to know what i said, i quickly created space between us which unknowingly i had finished and said  " i..uh..yeah i have to um go"

and then i went to my study. as soon as i was inside, i sat on my chair and covered my face with my hands ans closed my eyes. but the only thing that came to my head was a similar pair of doe shaped eyes.

__________________________________________________

A/N: 

i know it isn't according to schedule but as i promised you guys that i'll publish devil's star so here i am. do tell me did you like the update. i will update next week, but however you can message me i'll reply.
until then,

stay safe
Love, 
Pakhi❤