chapter 23- perfect

Recap-
Manik and nandini fight harshad and neyonika's goons and take them to their dungeons. But, before that, nandini is shot tight above her heart and slips into coma. However, doctor says that there is a chance she can wake up in next 2 hours.

"and saw her laying on the bed, pale, bandages everywhere, and needles pierced her soft skin.

I held her hand and said "please wake up nannu. Please wake up for me."

I don't remember for how long I have been here sitting with nannu's small hand holding my comparatively large one

The doctor has come about 3 times now to check up on her and according to him, if she doesn't wake up in the next half an hour, there are chances she'll skip into deep coma and it will take her time to wake up again.

While sitting here, holding her hand in mine, crying silently, I couldn't help but remember my best childhood memory with her. Though, all the time spent with her is special, but this one, has my heart.

FLASHBACK
I just came back from my regular 2 hour mafia practice but this time, I decided to surprise my nannu by going to her orphanage.

As soon as I rang the bell of the ground floor of the orphanage where all the children live, came out running my nannu looking adorable as ever.

She was wearing a pink floral dress with her her hair left open.

I immediately scooped up her up in My arms and touched our noses

But this time, her body felt warm. Very warm. I put the back of my hand on her forehead to check her temperature and got to know she has fever. Careless girl. Must have eaten ice cream at night.

I glared at her and said "baby, what is this? Why do you have a fever? Huh? Why did you do this time? Wait let me guess. You had ice cream at night. Didn't you?"

She just gave me a sheepish smile and said "mani you know na how much I love ice cream."

I tapped her nose and said "I know baby but your health comes first na. You get ill easily. Now come on. Let's make you eat the medicines. Because I know If I don't make you eat them, you'll throw them away."

At the mention of medicines, she pushed me causing her to escape her from my arms and started running in the opposite direction shouting "I won't have the medicine."

I chuckled at her behavior and started running after her. I intentionally ran slower so that she thinks she is winning and once she will stop, I'll make her have the medicine.

But my idea was a complete flop because after 5 seconds, she abruptly stopped and reached out for any kind of support.

I immediately went to her, and held her and said "what happened nannu?"

She held to me like her lige dependend on it and said "I don't know mani. But I don't feel good."

And with that, she fainted. I quickly picked her up in My arms and after taking her inside her room, I sprinkled some water on her.

She woke up, and as soon as she did, I hugged her tightly and said "never ever do that to me again. Ok baby?"

She nodded her head and said "yes mani. I won't."

I kissed her forehead and said "good girl. Now come on, have your medince. Otherwise you'll faint again." She, as expected, shook her head in decline.

I sighed and was about to give up when an idea came to my mind and I said "hmm...what if.. I could sing your favorite song by me so that you can distract yourself and eat your medicine?"

Her cute face immediately lit up and she nodded her head in yes. I chuckled and pulled out the guitar I keep here in nandu's room and stated singing.

That evening, we just sat in her room, with me singing her favorite songs and her sleeping peacefully on my lap.

FLASHBACK ENDS

I kissed nannu's forehead and said "you know baby, that song, which I used to sing to you when you used to have medicines so that you could distract yourself? That song I wrote for you. I wanted to sing that song to you when I propose you. But that never happened. But it can happen now right? Please wake up my baby. Please I can't afford to lose you. Please."

After getting no response from her I scoffed and said "fine be stubborn. It's not like I am desperate. But you know what? I have one way. I'll hurt myself. You can't see me hurt right? Yes. I'll hurt myself. Then you'll stop me. Wait. I'll put the gun through my head."

I know I was making the world's most stupidist decision. But I had to do it. There's no other way she can be okay.

So I pulled out my gun and after loading it, I placed it right where nannu was shot, above my heart, when I heard the smallest whisper "mani?"

_______________________________

Confused on Manik's behavior? Well don't worry it'll be revealed in the next update ;)

Stay safe you guys
Love
Pakhi ❤