chapter 10- mrs. Malhotra

Recap-
Cabir gets to know about Pari's real identity and her past but still doesn't believe neyonika is behind all of this.
Manik comes and asks Cabir to leave so that manik can talk to pari alone.
Manan share a moment which is disturbed by a flirty nurse but nandu gets jealous and possessive which reminds manik of his nannu

"Immediately I took jaan in my arms with her neck tucked in the crook of my neck and said "why did you do that baby?"

She clung closer to me and said softly "because you're mine."

FLASHBACK ENDS"

Now back to the story-

*MANIK'S POV*
Few days later

I woke up at my usual time to go to gym. Pari was discharged two days back but doctor has asked her to bed rest. That's why I haven't told her to do anything yet.

It is currently 4am in the morning so after freshening up, I went downstairs to make my protein shake when I heard movements in kitchen.

The househelps can't possibly come at 4 in the morning, mom is in London for some work, pari must be sleeping, then who it could be?

I immediately took my pocket knife and quietly made my way towards the kitchen.

Once I reached there, the scene infront of me made my breath hitch. There was pari clad in a red saree with sindoor mangslsutra that I didn't bother to make her wear on the day of the contract Marriage.

 There was pari clad in a red saree with sindoor mangslsutra that I didn't bother to make her wear on the day of the contract Marriage

But what caught my attention was what seemed to look like a scar on her waist that was exposed because of saree.

I must be imagining because when I turned and looked back again, the scar was gone. God I need to hit the gym. My mind is getting fucked up.

*NANDINI'S POV*
I already saw mani standing there at the kitchen door. As soon as I realized he noticed my scar I immediately rubbed it so that the make up I had applied earlier to hide it does its job again.

I know he must have forgotten today is karwachauth. He was never the one believing these traditions.

While me, on the other hand, believed them. I started Doing the fast of karwachauth since I was 10.

I was never given food properly because I didnt usually like to eat so I didn't have any difficulties in doing it. I still remember that day when mani found out about it.