chapter 9- because you're mine

*NANDINI'S POV*
Cabir bhai then asked "why don't you just tell manik that you're his nannu? He would be so happy."

I sighed and said "recall to a few minutes back bhai. Remember how you flipped as soon as I took Neyonika's name? Manik trusts her blindly. Imagine how would he react."

He sighed and said "you're right chhoti. But I still don't believe that neyonika aunty is behind all his. Maybe she was forced to do it."

I smiled a small smile and said "I don't expect you to. Just don't tell this to anyone nor even neyonika or manik. Give me a month's time. I'll prove I am right. Please."

He thought for a moment but nevertheless nodded his head.

Suddenly the door bursted open and a very angry looking manik came inside. He then said "cabir you can go home now. Thankyou."

Although he was saying this to cabir, but all the while his eyes were fixed on me. Oh no. Did he find out?! No no. This can't happen. He would throw me out even after knowing I am his nannu. That much trust or should I say neyonika has brainwashed her.

With a nod, cabir bhai went out after giving me a look which said "be careful" I slightly nodded my head.

Once cabir bhai was out, and the door was locked, he came towards me with his captivating black eyes staring my hazel brown ones.

I looked down afraid of the intensity it held. He was very close to me right now. Our chests were touching with each other.

I couldn't make space to because somehow avoiding his gaze, I got sandwiched between the wall and him.

He kept his index and thumb finger below my chin and tilted it up causing me to look up and said in a husky voice "why aren't you on the bed?"

I blushed a little I don't know for what damn reason and said "umm..ahh.. I was- I was feeling ok. Yeah I was feeling OK." And at the end I foolishly nodded my head as if agreeing to myself and then shook my head in disbelief. Again. Talking to myself.

I just blushed deep red realizing I just made a complete fool out of myself and decided to just shut up and look down at the marvelous hospital floor.

Manik was about to say something when there was a knock on the door and manik as if realizing what position he was in, straightend himself and after creating some distance said "come in."

In came a nurse holding my food in her hand while her uniform looked like it is owned by a 4 year old. Huh! Desperate bitch.

And completely ignoring my presence she went towards manik and bent down so that she could make manik see her fake plastic boobs. What the hell.

I cleared my throat and said "excuse me. Ms. Boob job. That food is for me. So give it to me."

She looked at me and scoffed and said "whatever" she then not so sweetly kept my food and after giving me the food, she went towards the door but before exiting the room she said

"Hey handsome, you can call me for anything. Anything."

That was it for me. I went towards her and whispered a little too calmly "now Ms. Boob job. I would suggest you to get out of this room, and go flirt with someone else before I put a bullet through your head. And believe me. I would be glad. Now, OUT."

I made sure I was silent but looks like I failed because I head a very small silent chuckle but when I looked back, he immediately changed it  into a cough and made his face emotionless.

That egoistic bastard.

*MANIK'S POV*
What the hell happened to me!?! Why do I always loose control in front of pari?!

Thank God the nurse came. Wait actually I take it back. That nurse was trying to flirt with me by showing me her fake boobs.

Huh! The only body I'll ever look at would be my nannu's. But I can't find her. Huh! So mean.

Looks like pari got a little jealous because she called the nurse "Ms. Boob job" a traitor smile came on my lips when I heard it but I immediately removed it.

Manik you have to stay strong. You can't let your guard down.

After that the nurse was about to go but that bitch decided to flirt with Me again but pari got up, and threatened her.

She must have thought she was quite because when I chuckled listening her threatening, she looked at Me with  an amused look. But I immediately hid my face and turned it into emotionless one.

That might have angered her more because her face turned red with anger. She looked like a Tomato.

I couldn't help but remember my nannu when she got jealous. I was so surprised that day.

FLASHBACK
MANIK IS 13 YEARS OLD AND NANNU IS 9

I  had come to the orphanage with my snobby cousin who always tries to flirt with me and touch me.

I mean come on. I maybe 13 but I know what are the people's intentions. You know perks of being the mafia king's son. And the next in line.

As usual as soon as I entered the orphanage, an excited nannu came running into my arms and I just laughed and held her close close to me. God I love her.

But the moment was shot lived when that snobby girl decided to irritate me and said "listen here you dirty orphan. Stay sway from my manik he won't like an orphan like you."

And the unthinkable happened. Jaan pulled away from my arms and stood in front of her and slapped her. Hard. Her small fingers were printed on disha's face.

A 9 year old slapped a 14 year old. God this is fun. Disha tried to slap her but baby held her hand and twisted it. She then said

"He is my mani. And he will remain mine. If anyone tries to take him away from me I'll tear them apart. Now leave from here you meanie butt!" 

And with that disha ran away crying.
Jaan's face was red as a tomato because of the anger. God she's so cute.

Immediately I took jaan in my arms with her neck tucked in the crook of my neck and said "why did you do that baby?"

She clung closer to me and said softly "because you're mine."

FLASHBACK ENDS