𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 - 𝐞𝐱𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭

THIS IS IN THE FUTURE

Alina looked around cautiously before turning the corner, making sure he wasn't in sight. Even though she was at school earlier than the other students, she couldn't risk running into him, to have him continuously torment her, hit her, laugh at her - she didn't want to go through it again. Perhaps she could move schools soon. She frowned at that thought, her grandma would be sad, and definitely would not let her.

She slowly walked to her locker and sighed in relief. He wasn't here, in fact, no one was here so early in the morning. She made sure to thank her principal, Mrs. Niel, for always letting her in the building anytime she wanted. Alina carefully grabbed her writing books, her doe eyes then catching something hidden at the bottom.

Poking at the book, Alina bit her lip as she read the title of it. "𝐍𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐝" by Gina Gordon, what a book. God, if anyone found that erotica with her, Alina knew she would be teased to death. She quickly grabbed it, stuffing it into her worn-out backpack while remembering how much she adored the book.

Her eyes glanced into a nearby classroom and she peered into it, trying to find a clock. Eventually, she found one and realized that the other students would be coming in by now, including him. Hastily, she walked to her first class, Literature, and groaned when the door was locked.

Why does Mr. Philips keep the key to himself, she thought, cursing the old man. Maybe it was punishment for accidentally stepping on Leon's tail. Poor baby, I will never stop spoiling him and apologizing, he deserves the world, she smiled at the thought of one of her cats.

There were 11 minutes left until class, and she decided to stand near the door awkwardly. Hopefully, no one noticed her. Time was going slow as she counted the seconds, and she was beginning to get bored out of her mind. 7 more minutes left.

Maybe it wouldn't hurt to reread the book to kill some time.

Alina plopped her backpack down onto the floor and retrieved the book into her hands. Her fingers caressed the book cover, the picture of half-naked Noah and Violet basically etched into her brain. If she had the chance, Alina could probably draw the couple straight from memory from how much she's looked at the cover.

To someone, they would think she was a lonely freak. Maybe she was, but she couldn't help herself. The cover was so pretty to her. She skimmed through the pages, remembering how much she liked Violet and her regained confidence after the accident.

The girl was so lost in the book, she didn't notice the students in her literature class walking up and reading something on the opposite side of the door.

After finishing the 5th chapter, she placed the book down and back into her bag, wondering why no one was in the corridor. Worried, she tugged the bag onto her shoulder and began walking to nowhere in particular. Sound from the other classrooms could be heard which added to her visible confusion. Her eyebrows furrowed when it seemed like it was only her class not going on.