chapter viii

makeup sex; makeup sex is an informal term for sexual intercourse which may be experienced after a conflict in an intimate personal relationship.

!warning! : lucifer depicts toxic traits in this chapter

╚════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ════╝╚════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ════╝╚════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ════╝

"I-I'm sorry, Vincent. I feel so appreciated knowing you care, I just, d-don't feel comfortable talking about i-it," Alina frowned, looking up at the boy in front of her. Vincent smiled and nodded, understanding how she feels. 

"I know, I know, don't feel pressured into telling me," Vincent leaned forward, "I just hate seeing people sad," he sighed, feeling pity for her.

The two continued chatting, and Alina felt as though time was flying by. She enjoyed talking to him even if she just met him today, but there was this constant reminder in her heart that she wanted Lucifer to be talking to her right now, and she hated that feeling.

'Lucifer doesn't want me.'

It felt weird, being with someone who wasn't Luc. He's been with Alina most of her life so even a single moment without him felt different like she was in a completely new universe. "What are your last periods?" Vincent asked, ruffling his hair. 

Alina swiftly checked her phone to answer, but also to see if he had answered her message. Her entire body froze when it said that Lucifer had read her text, but didn't respond. That same feeling consumed her, it was a painful experience, and it hurt like hell. 

"I-I have a free period then art.." she stuttered, realizing that she would have to see Lucifer in art. Vincent let out an annoyed sigh. 

"Lucky!" he exclaimed, "I have two damn periods of physics."

Alina tried to mask the pain with a soft smile, "I thought, um, you liked physics?" she asked, cocking her head to the side. He turned towards her, "Oh, I do. Just a double? Hell no," he groaned, his eyes looking at his watch.

There were three more minutes until class.

"After school, let's meet at the gates. You haven't eaten a single bit of your lunch! You're gonna be hungry," Vincent said, pointing at the cold tuna baguette on that table. Alina nodded, she was too scared to talk, afraid that she would instantly begin crying.

╚════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ════╝╚════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ════╝╚════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ════╝

Alina quickly walked to her art class once her free period was over. She had spent the whole 50 minutes hiding away at the back of the school library, pretending that she was interested in what the stoner kids were saying and constantly denying their offerings of cannabis.

She sat down between two other students, not wanting to speak with Lucifer for ignoring her. Eventually, Lucifer arrived at the class, and his eyes instantly scanned the classroom looking for her. Alina didn't notice as her head was kept low, concentrating solely on the textbook.

He took a seat in the row behind her and to her left, the closest he could be. Alina could feel him staring at her which made her nervous and shy, she didn't dare move a muscle to risk him seeing any of her face. 

Throughout the class, Alina ignored him; she ignored him quietly calling out her name, she ignored him dropping his pencil to get her attention, everything.