chapter ii

The rim of the car's window became more opalescent as the sun kept growing closer

The rim of the car's window became more opalescent as the sun kept growing closer. Alina observed the glass, admiring all the pastel-like colors when she felt a gentle poke on the side of her shoulder. "This one, right?" Lucifer asked, prodding his finger in front of a vintage library. She gazed at the building, nodding as a smile grew on her pink lips.

Lucifer parked the car, rolling his eyes when Alina jumped out of the car and ran towards the library. She pushed open the oak double doors, instantly in awe at the interior. He trailed behind her, his expression bored and he took a seat on one of the antique sofas, waiting for Alina to pick up whatever she wanted. 

The shelves of books seemed to stretch on for miles, it was like Heaven for Alina as she skimmed her eyes on the spines of several books. She stopped for a second, and went on her tippy toes, searching for her best friend. She smiled when she saw Lucifer laying down on a brown sofa, probably asleep. 

Her short legs made it to the back of the library, the books were placed inside of a case instead of a shelf and she peered inside, seeing a pile of books by an author called Gina Gordon. Curiously, she picked up one, dusting off the cover and her face quickly turned red. As if she was a spy, Alina looked to the left and right of her, making sure no one was near to see her. Satisfied, she stared at the cover again, the half-naked man and woman capturing her eyes. She turned the book around, reading the summary;

"Violet Walker has been hiding. Withdrawn after a terrible car accident, she is worried about going back to her high-pressure job, where she's expected to project confidence and sleek refinement. Allowing herself a distraction, she's been watching her sexy neighbor work on his house. But when the shirtless, grinning hunk catches her in the act, Violet is struck by the unmistakable jolt of physical chemistry, a sensation that's both thrilling and terrifying.

Noah Young is used to moving from one construction job to another, never laying a firm foundation. The same goes for the women in his life—until Violet changes all that. His beautiful voyeur embraces his rough edges and shows him a hint of real love. But even Noah can tell that she's holding back, hiding her body and her heart from what they both truly want. If only he could get a little help convincing Violet to see herself as he sees her: perfect in every way."

When Alina finished reading it, she assumed it was a simple Romance book, something she was accustomed to. However, it was the cover that really confused her, 'Why are they basically naked?' 

Her hand flew to the side of her head once she realized the book was literally called, "Naked." She put the book back down in the case, not wanting to be seen with it due to its inappropriate front cover. As she placed it down, she also noticed another book with a picture of a basically naked woman. "Bound in Lingerie," it was, and Alina questioned why a book about Romance would need a picture like that.