chapter iii

"I still can't believe senior year starts next week, it's insane," Lucifer stated, driving through the empty roads on the luminous night

"I still can't believe senior year starts next week, it's insane," Lucifer stated, driving through the empty roads on the luminous night. Alina nodded, "Yeah, but I'm excited," she turned to look at him, "We're gonna turn into adults!" she smiled, turning away to look out of the window. But she quickly looked back at him when she felt his dark-brown eyes watching her reticently. 

He didn't say anything, yet he continued to look at her. Lucifer looked her up and down, then smiled, "You're going to turn into a woman." Alina furrowed her eyebrows and gently punched him on the shoulder, "I-I already am!" she rejoiced, nudging him to continue driving.

"Nah, you'll always be my girl."

Alina softly closed the car door, giving Lucifer a short wave and sweet smile as she made her way to the front porch

Alina softly closed the car door, giving Lucifer a short wave and sweet smile as she made her way to the front porch. He returned the wave before driving off and the young girl felt the warm feeling in her chest disappear. Sighing, she unlocked the door and pushed herself in, the aroma and scent of lavender perfume devouring her senses. 

It was nearly 9 pm, and she looked around to find her grandmother. "Nana?" she yelled, walking through the kitchen. A smile formed on her lips when she found her grandmother's small but stubby frame rocking gently on her rocking chair, seemingly asleep. Alina made her way towards her grandmother, placing a quick kiss on her forehead then she briskly headed upstairs. 

Alina sat on the edge of her bed and reached out to grab a hair-tie, however, a small, fiery object caught ahold of her hazel brown eyes. She stood up and walked over to retrieve the flower Lucifer had given her in the morning. 

The daylily's petals felt like silk in her fingers and she delicately placed it on her bed, kneeling down to pull out a large, photo book from under her queen-sized bed. Her fingers caressed the fragile, torn-up spine of the photo book and she frowned, knowing that a piece of sellotape wouldn't do the job anymore.

Alina flicked through the book, an array of colors quickly coming and leaving her sight. When she finally found a spare page, she placed the book on the bed, near the lone flower. Propping her elbows around the photo book, she carefully placed the daylily into the plastic wallet and smiled.