chapter vi

╚════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ════╝╚════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ════╝╚════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ════╝

Lucifer drove Alina back home after school, it was nearly 6 pm as the two had gone out to buy some art supplies. The overture of dawn; the sunset in the sky spread out in gorgeous waves of oranges and reds across the horizon, keeping Alina distracted as she looked out the window.

"Are you sure, Luc?" Alina asked, "What if they kick you out of the hockey team?" she looked over to her best friend, her eyes laced with concern. Lucifer looked over at Alina fondly, shrugging his shoulders. "Who cares? I don't need to attend hockey practice anyways," he replied nonchalantly, as though he hadn't been on the team for over 2 years. 

"But you've never missed a-"

"Shut up, Alina. You're too cute to be worrying," Lucifer said, thinning his lips. Alina looked down and blushed, feeling butterflies fluttering in her stomach. He placed his hand on her thigh, where he had written his initials and began rubbing it.

"N-no! Don't, um, do that, okay?" Alina frowned, trying to pry his hand off her leg. When he apologized and focused back on driving, she looked down at her thigh and pouted to herself. The letters were somewhat smudged, the L shaping into a blurry I. 

It was silly of her, something so little could make her heart skip a beat. Maybe she enjoyed the thought of being marked by him, although that probably wasn't his intention and he was just bored when he did that. For a minute Alina contemplated whether or not to ask him about it, however, he seemed to be deep in thought too as he lip-synced the Arctic Monkey's song and had his eyes glued to the road. 

╚════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ════╝╚════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ════╝╚════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ════╝

The car parked just in front of the front yard, the sky was now a fiery, dark orange with dark clouds looming over it. Lucifer was already out, unpacking the supplies from the trunk while Alina got out. 

"You actually obeyed the traffic laws, Lukey, I'm proud," Alina stated, standing beside him. He turned towards her and scrunched up his nose, before chuckling, "Whenever I go 2 miles over the limit, you grab the handle as if I just drove us off a cliff," he laughed, handing her some bottles of paint. 

"No, you go over 20 miles sometimes. That's really dangerous, Lukey, you're gonna get hurt someday."

"Mhm, 'Lukey?' I thought my name was Luc, hm?" he asked, walking with her to the door. Alina giggled, "I think it's cuter."

"What about 'daddy'?" he raised an eyebrow, unlocking the door and slipping in.

She shook her head, "You always joke around when I actually call you that," she reminded him, seeing her grandmother scurrying around in the kitchen. Lucifer was about to speak, however, Alina was already skipping towards her gran.

"Hi, nana!" she smiled, hugging her soft, round body. Her grandmother gently embraced her back, "I'm jealous," Lucifer retorted, and the two broke away from their hug. Alina's grandmother trodded over to him, "There's my favorite boy!" nana exclaimed, latching her arms around his body. 

Alina watched from afar, admiring their cute relationship. As she looked at them, Lucifer locked his eyes with hers and the world felt like it stopped spinning. His gaze was dominant, as though he trapped her in with his sight, she couldn't look away. A mischievous smirk then appeared on his lips and he released his embrace from her nana.