chapter x

you probably have to reread previous chapters to remember what's going on, i'm sorry </3

╚════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ════╝╚════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ════╝╚════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ════╝

It was early in the evening when Lucifer drove Alina back to her nana's place. The sky grew a dark shade of blue, with wisps of clouds gently hovering above. She leaned towards the car front, resting her head against her arms, as one of Frank Ocean's songs blasted through the speakers. Lucifer glanced over to her, sighing to himself before he quickly turned back to driving. 

He parked his car near the sidewalk, unlocking the passenger door to pick Alina up in his arms. She wrapped her arms around his shoulders and her legs around his hips, snuggling into his neck. Lucifer locked the door and walked towards the house, with one arm wrapped around Alina, he unlocked the front door with the spare key and headed in. 

From the corner of his eyes, Lucifer noticed Alina's grandmother peacefully swinging on her rocking chair - the cat, Leon, laying on her lap. He flashed her a smile and put his free palm out, signalling her not to talk. Her grandmother nodded at him, closing her eyes and petting Leon's head.

Lucifer softly placed Alina on the bathroom counter, moving away to damp a towel in cold water. As he did, Alina swung her head low in fatigue and closed her eyes, gripping onto the edge of the counter for support. He came back and positioned himself between her legs, wiping the damp towel onto her face. Her body fell against his and he clutched onto her body to refrain them from falling. 

"I got you, Lina baby," he whispered into her ear, caressing her back.

A word hadn't been spoken since the car ride until then and Alina slowly lifted her head from his neck.

"You left me.." she murmured quietly, looking into his eyes.

Lucifer avoided eye contact and looked down. 

He gave her a pitiful look, "I know, I'm sorry. I got distracted," Lucifer explained.

Alina just accepted it, too tired to push more into the subject. Instead, she asked him about his ordeal with Vincent, "Why did you hurt him, Luc? He's my friend."

Lucifer clenched his fists, shaking his head. "No, he's not your friend, Alina. He doesn't want to be friends."

The girl in front of him narrowed her eyes at him, shocked and hurt at what he just said to her. "What? How do you know that?"

He tightened his jaws, "You won't understand, Alina. I know who he actually is. Now stop asking about him."

She just nodded at him, knowing that she was going to ask him more once he was in a better mood. Alina yawned, stretching her arms above her head before completely dropping onto Lucifer's body again and blanking out.

╚════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ════╝╚════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ════╝╚════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ════╝

The sun had risen as Alina got changed into her outfit for school. A beep sound waved through the room, and she checked her phone to see a text from Lucifer telling her he was going to pick her up at 7. She sent him a quick text back, not questioning the early time. 

Alina hurried downstairs when she didn't find her grandma in her room. However, a sigh of relief left her mouth when she saw her old lady throwing cat treats at Leon.