20

"Those were the longest twenty minutes of my life," one of my cranky kidnappers said as soon as the van stopped.

"Those were my funniest." I stood up when I felt a hand grab my elbow.

"Sometimes, I regret doing a specific job, and this is my biggest regret so far. She is the most annoying girl I have ever met in my entire life."

"Awe, thank you. I really do try." I was genuine because it was a pleasure to annoy who wanted to cause me harm.

"Walk in silence."

"Nah, I'm good. I still need to pee."

"Fine! You, take her to the bathroom but don't you dare leave her alone."

"Excuse you? I need privacy in the bathroom."

"No can do."

"Then I pass, no need for a bathroom break after all." They were starting to anger me, and it was not a good thing for them for me to be mad.

They sighed, and I rolled my eyes. "Finally! You take her to the dungeon, and you two will come with me." A man instructed, and I was left with who I thought a new man. Hopefully, he's the idiot one of them all.

"You are the only one here? You weren't in the van, right?" I asked him to make sure.

"Yes, does it matter?"

"It does. Take off my mask. I can't breathe well in it." He did not need to know that I was lying. He did not even ask any more questions as he removed it, and my hope of him being an idiot became a reality. The funny part was that I had no chains on. Men underestimate a girl's power when threatened or hungry. I was feeling both.

I blinked a few times to adjust my sight to the light since it was too bright. I looked around and saw old cells on both sides. I looked at the masked man and shivered in fear when I saw his eyes. They were dark and emotionless. "Where are you taking me?" I asked.

"To that cell," he said as he pointed to the last cell on the right. I looked to the left, and my eyes widened. I was starting to think that my life is a book.

"Divana?"

I looked at the three familiar men in the left cell, and the hope of getting out of here grew. I was planning my escape plan alone. However, these men could definitely help. They were Jino's friends: Delmo, Faron, and Keyton, along with men I did not know but seemed good. They were a total of nine men. "What are you doing here?" I asked as I was put in the cell across from them. The masked man left us alone after he locked my cell.

"They kidnapped our family members and told us to stay here if we wanted them to be free. Of course, we entered by our free will, and they released them after the kidnappers made sure we're restricted." Faron explained with sadness in his eyes.

"But why?" I asked, and they all looked at me with troubled expressions.

"They told us that they will bring girls to..." Keyton began to say, and I paled. "To rape and let us watch the process." He finished with his head tilted down.

I grabbed the poles and squeezed them. "What? They told me that they kidnapped me for money! They did not mention that sick part!" I yelled, and I was starting to panic. I did not want a repeat of my past. No. "I need to get out! Now! I need to get out now."

"Divana, calm down, honey. They will come, be quiet for now, please." Delmo waved his hands to grab my attention, and it worked. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes for a second. "Good, good. You are strong, honey. Stay calm. We need to think of a plan."