1

"And this was the story of a lucky kidnapped girl, Ariel O'Connor, who fell in love with one of her kidnappers and they rescued her from the real danger... The irony! This was the top weird story of the week, see you next week with more stories!" As the broadcaster finished speaking, I shut down the TV then covered my head with the blanket. 

I was too sick to even go to the bathroom and brush my teeth before bed, so I just stayed in my comfy bed and closed my eyes. Hoping that I could sleep right away but that was almost impossible.

It had been a while since I last got this sick. Nothing had changed from the past, except for the fact that I was living alone in a huge mansion now. I didn't mind being alone, to be honest, and for an 18-year-old teenager who just graduated from high school, I needed this alone time.

 I always hated crowds and students, and not because I felt self-conscious or anything, I just felt that being around a big crowd of people drained my energy and I become too lazy to move. I appreciated the silence, however, I wouldn't mind if something unusual happened to me. You know, just like what had happened to Ariel. That would be dope.

I didn't want to go to college or university. I had a job in a well-known company, my job was to edit their essays, and manuscripts before they send them to anyone. It was a hobby at first but it turned out to be my new job, I always worked from home. Not that I needed it. 

"Divana, you have a new email. Divana, you have a new email..." My laptop lit up and a new email popped on the screen. I got up from my bed and walked to my small sofa. I grabbed it and sat with a sigh. I was not in the mood for anything, especially not a new essay to edit. But to my surprise, it was from my best friend, Ismarelda, who moved to Rio de Janeiro last month to live with her aunt.

 I opened it with a big smile and the first thing that I saw was Isa on a surfing board. She looked absolutely beautiful with her black curly hair flying everywhere. She seemed happy and that made me content. She was admitted to a university there which was the main reason for her moving. She tried multiple time to convince me and apply to a university but I always refused. 

I saw more pictures as I scrolled down and when they were over, I saw a small note at the end. "Hey Diva, how are you? I hope you are not dead! My days are moving on pretty well considering all the heat that I hate. Anyway, I miss you so much. Hurry your butt and visit me! You have money, don't be cheap! Love you." I laughed for a while after I finished reading it. It was the typical Isa and I loved her for that. I replied by sending her my current situation. A picture of my red nose and tissues then I wrote that I'd come and visit next month. With that, I closed my laptop and jumped on my bed and decided it was time to hit wonderland.

~~~

The moment I opened my eyes, I sneezed. "I thought people get better after a good night sleep, but nope. Not me!" I cried to no one as I rubbed my eyes and then yawned. I looked at my watch and saw it was past 9 am and I knew that my email would be filled with assignments to do before 6 pm. The usual. I cracked my fingers and took a deep breath before starting.

My eyes were glued to the screen and my fingers were typing furiously that I didn't realize it was already 10:30 and I still didn't eat breakfast. I closed my laptop and stood up. "I should take a shower since I didn't take one yesterday," I reminded myself and walked to my closet. It was too big and I was too lazy to search for a cute outfit, therefore, I grabbed the first hoodie that I saw which was green and black sweat pants. My underwears were in the drawer next to the bathroom door. I nodded at my choices and headed to the bathroom.

~~~

I waited in the living room for the delivery guy to bring my food and at that time, I was halfway done from today's assignments and it was not 12 yet. I felt energetic even though I was still sick with a nasty cold. I knew I was not normal and kinda looked like The Evil queen after she gets old but I had no time to put makeup on my face, not that I used it before anyway. Who would make themselves look pretty when they're sick and has work to do? Certainly not me!

Half an hour later, the doorbell rang. I ran to the entrance and opened the door to be greeted by my favorite pizza delivery guy, Roy. And yes, I eat pizza as breakfast. "Good morning Divana, how are you?" He asked with a dazzling smile and I smiled back. I liked Roy, he was nice, cute and funny but I didn't see myself as his girlfriend. I saw him as an older brother and vice versa. He was 22 years old and working a full-time job at my favorite pizza place. It had been two years since we met and when I always ordered pizza, I'd ask for him. 

"I've been better, I got a cold but I will be better after eating this, thanks!" I took it and hugged the box like it was my own baby. He laughed at my action then he pulled his hand and opened his palm. I rolled my eyes at his gesture and drew the money from my pocket. "You are still eager about getting your money!" I chuckled and he nodded almost immediately. 

"Of course, I love you and all but I love my job as well. It pays me well and I don't want to ruin that, but you are so cheap, Divana! You have the money yet I never saw you eat anything besides pizza!" He exclaimed with crossed arms and I raised one eyebrow and scoffed. "If I were cheap, I wouldn't buy Apple products, got a car nor visit my best friend in Rio de Janeiro! So, shut up!" I defended and he smiled. 

"Ismarelda, right? I saw her Instagram posts, she looked happy and beautiful," he mentioned with a glint in his blue eyes. It was obvious how he felt about her and I smirked. "Yes, her. The one that you are madly in love with." I stated with confidence and he almost tripped from the second stair. 

"What? No! I do not." He denied while shaking his head like crazy and I laughed. His actions made it more obvious that he loved her. "Sure you don't..." I said, with a sarcastic tone and he sighed then ruffled my hair. Lucky for him it was naturally straight. "Okay, I need to go. Bye," he gave me a quick hug and ran to his car. I chuckled at his awkwardness and closed the door. 

"Now, I will finish my work and then watch the new episode." I felt that I was going crazy because I was talking to myself a lot lately. I needed company. Maybe I should get a dog? Sure Divana, but what about your allergy? I sighed and buried my face in my laptop while eating. I couldn't get a fluffy company even if I wanted to. See world, money can't buy everything!

~~~

I hope you liked this chapter. I will always post one chapter (or two) ahead of wattpad on inkitt. The link in my bio.

 The link in my bio