7

After they explained why did they kidnap me, Roy handed me my passport, phone, and laptop. I asked why did he have them in the first place, and he said that he saw the outcome of telling me the truth and said that it was okay to use them as long as I didn't post my location anywhere or any picture that gave clues as to where I was.

It was logical that I shouldn't let the world know where I was while being targeted by a gang that had a lame name. No La Vida. Like seriously, couldn't they pick a better name that suited the gang?

It was past midnight and we were all chatting until Lance and Roy fell asleep on each other. It was pretty funny so we took a lot of pictures to blackmail them later. "I think it's enough for today, let's sleep," Dorian said, and I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Um... where?" I asked and pointed at the empty floor. "I won't sleep on the floor because then my back will ache the next day," I added with crossed arms and in a tone that indicated that I was serious. He sighed and ruffled his hair. "You can sleep on my legs," he suggested and my eyes widened. Was he serious?

"Aww, that's so cute but I can't let you all suffer. I will ask my aunt to let us borrow mattresses -if she's still awake- and we'll go shopping tomorrow." Ismarelda countered, and we both looked at her in confusion. "What? I'm staying with my best friend till the very end and no one can stop me... well, except college hours." She said, and I hugged her tightly. "Thank you, Isa, I love you!" I said, and she laughed.

"Wait for me, I will bring five mattresses. These two will regret falling asleep if they wake up to see their state, we'll hide the pictures until the day they come in handy." She cleared and her evil grin made me chuckle. "We'll come with you, five are going to be heavy for one person to carry." I offered, and she nodded. Dorian stood up and held my hand so I could stand up without falling. He was starting to know me with each passing second.

~~~

"Okay, looks like my aunt is sleeping, we'll just have to get them ourselves... they're in the attic," Isa mentioned when she opened her aunt's bedroom door. I was surprised that she opened the door so carelessly but then she whispered that her aunt was not in a relationship and was not looking for one. She was pretty young.

"Let's go," Dorian said and Isa led us upstairs. We looked at the raised stairs and both Isa and I looked at Dorian. "Fine, just move aside." We were too short to reach the handle and bring the stairs down and to bring a chair would take so long. He grabbed it and let it down. The squeaky sound that it made, made me wince because it was too loud and we didn't want to bother her aunt.

"Watch your steps, you might slip," she said and we climbed carefully, trying our best not to make a single noise. But it was impossible, the stairs were not that steady. "She'll forgive us if she wakes up... Hopefully," Isa added in a whisper but we heard her.

"Okay, let's just grab them and get out of here. It's creepy!" I said once we stepped foot into the attic. Luckily, the mattresses were right on display and we rushed to grab them. The more that I looked at them, the more they looked smaller than I expected. That was awesome because only our half-body would fit. Damn you, Isa. Damn you, Roy.

"You could have mentioned that they were small mattresses!" I whispered but yelled at the same time and she made a face that was hard to explain. "Sorry, but that's all we had. I will buy you good mattresses tomorrow, so suck it up and carry!" She replied and I gave up. Dorian carried three and we both carried one each. I was the one who was going to buy them because I could afford them not Isa. She was a college student and I didn't want her to squeeze her bank account for us.

"Be careful on the stairs." As I said those words, Dorain's leg slipped and I quickly reached out to grab his shirt but the mattress was in the way and my leg slipped as well. "Shit!" I heard Isa say as she failed to grab my shirt. "Are you okay?" She asked but my head was spinning and I groaned. As I focused back, I heard clicking sounds. I turned my head and saw Isa taking pictures on her phone. I arched my eyebrows and looked under me. Dorian was laying there, waiting for me to realize that I was crushing his lungs out.

"Oh my God! I'm so sorry!" I quickly stood up and helped him as well. "Are you okay?" I asked as I checked for any injuries. I was paranoid about hurting someone. I didn't want to be the cause of their pain. Physical or mental.

He nodded with a smile. "Yeah, yeah, don't worry. It's not your fault, you tired to help so it's on me." He explained and ruffled my hair. "Besides, I fell from higher places while I was still an active marine. This was like falling on a bed." He said and brushed it off. I took a deep breath and relaxed. Isa noticed my discomfort and patted my back.

She cleared her throat. "I'm surprised my aunt didn't wake up with all the rackets!" She joked and we both laughed. It was the perfect time for her joke. "Yeah, she's a real sleep lover," Dorian added and we laughed even more.

~~~

We entered the rented house and placed all the mattresses next to Roy and Lance. We didn't bring blankets because it was warm and we could bear with it for one night. Lance and Roy were living proof. "Now let's go to sleep. It's already past 2 am," Dorian said and Isa gasped. We looked at her in concert.

"I have morning classes! I hope I wake up on time," she said and I laughed. "Oh don't worry, I will wake you up at 7. Now sleep, I need to send my boss an email about my long vacation that I don't know when it will end, he'll freak out because I always finish the job before the designated time but I deserve a time out," I told them and they nodded.

Isa was the first one to fall asleep next to Roy, who was sleeping on a mattress and alone. Lance's sleeping position made me chuckle. Dorian noticed me and looked at him and laughed with me. "Goodnight," he said as I was writing my email and I smiled back. "Goodnight!" I said and focused back on writing.

After a while of typing, I made sure that I didn't mention my whereabouts and pressed sent. I looked around me and then at the clock and it was 3 am. I set my alarm and laid down. I thought about my life and smiled. It was a bad chapter that had passed, not the whole book. I might encounter more of these bad chapters in my life, however, I was so ready for them.