Chapter 11

(Mapleton apartments B-side)

·1:30am·

Johnny: {Riinng Riinng} *rolls over grabs his phone. Mutters* who the hell.. Hello?

Annie: I need to talk to you.

Johnny: An? Annie? *sits up smirks and whispers* Aren't you mad at me? You gave me a pretty hard slap.

Annie: I am still mad at you! I just need to talk to you so meet me at Edna's diner.

Johnny: I can't babe.

Annie: Don't call me that. Well then where should we meet?

Johnny: *looks out the window at the rain* Hmm do you know the old Orlando drive in?

Annie: Yeah.. I'll meet you there.

Johnny: Sure, bye bab- *Annie hangs up on him* Shit I have to sneak out... *he gets dressed and starts slowly opening his bedroom door*

Mer: Where are you going John?

Johnny: *jumps scared* Uh well..

Mer: Ahem?

Johnny: Just.. Just heading to umm.. The drive in...
Mer: In this storm?

Johnny: Yeah.. *rubs the back of his neck* I can't sleep. ~I hated to use this excuse.. When my dad died my sisters and I would have a hard time sleeping so our mom would always drive us to the drive in and we would watch home movies falling asleep in the car~

Mer: Fine.. But take a thick blanket *hands him a blanket*

Johnny: Thanks mom. *kisse her cheek* Good night.. Call if anything.

Mer: Yeah you to *kisses his cheek*

(Orlando's drive in B-side)

Johnny: *waiting on the top of the projection booth, smoking, sees Annie* Hey don't you have a car?

Annie: *looks up at him* I don't know how to drive. Come down.

Johnny: No you come up

Annie: *closes her umbrella and walks in* ~Wow. Look at this projector~ *goes up*

Johnny: What did you want to talk about?

Annie: *takes away the cigarette* What we're you gonna say about my parents?

Johnny: Nothing... *looks away*

Annie: No it was something now tell me!

Johnny: Just forget about it Annie

Annie: Tell me!

Johnny: So you don't know how to drive?

Annie: Johnny!! Please...

Johnny: Ask your parents *looking out at the empty lot*

Annie: Do I want to know?

Johnny: *shrugs* it's probably better that you don't know

Annie: *sighs in frustration and sits on the couch next to him* Why here?

Johnny: Only private spot I have to myself

Annie: Let's watch a movie

Johnny: Uh we don't have any real movies..

Annie: *smiles* what about those down in the booth?

Johnny: They're home movies so... *looks at her*

Annie: *smiles softly* I remember when Ben would bring me and Carson down her to watch movies...

Johnny: Yeah??

Annie: I mean it would been better if my parents brought us but... they worked

Johnny: ~She looked so sad~ Wait here

Annie: Okay??

Johnny: Gets the blankets and pillows and turns on an old movie that he found and goes back up*

Annie: I thought there were no movies? *smirks*

Johnny: Damn I found one now shut up and watch it *smiles and sits next to her giving her the blanket*

~They watch the movie. Annie ends up moving moving closer to Johnny. They end up just cuddling under the blanket and falling asleep~