19

"This had better be fucking good if you are calling today"

I heard her clear her throat on the other end...a long moment of silence before she spoke again.

"I wanted to send my condolences, I am so sorry for your loss I really enjoyed Evie's company."

I scoffed. The nerve of this woman to call me today with everything that's happened with her brother. How dare she!

"You've got a lot of nerve calling me. After everything that's been happening"

Her voice was soft and shaky but I still won't trust it. "I know but I'm calling because I need your help"

No way...no fucking way.

"What could I possibly help you with? And what makes you think I would even be willing to help out anyone from your family?"

"It's about Finley. Theo is on a rampage and has some questionable people coming in and out of the house. I don't feel safe and...I'm worried about him. I need to know this is coming to an end soon"

An end? The only way things like this end is with death. After the loss of Evie and the pure pain and torture that man has put me through...I won't stop till he's six feet under. Pregnant or not.

"Listen here Anya I don't know what you thought you would achieve by calling me but you won't find help from me. The only way out of this war is death and that's all there is to it."

I hung up the phone without waiting for a response. I heard a sigh and looked to the door. Vitaly stood with his arms crossed in the doorway.

"What did she want?"

"To know when this would end"

He scoffed pushing out of the doorway and striding towards me. I love the feel of his arms sliding around me. I could feel the baby move as soon as he did making me smile a little bit.

"We are going to get through this. One way or another we will put this all behind us and start a life fresh. We can stay here or go wherever you want to go."

I laughed and kissed his lips. "Can the family come? You know we can't go anywhere without them"

His deep chuckle sent a shiver through me. "I wouldn't dream of it little red" 

I felt his hands travel down my sides and to my hips. God it feels like it's been so long since we've touched each other like this.

"Let me help take your mind off of things even if it's just for 20 minutes."

I couldn't say no to that. I nodded my head and laid back on the bed. It was hard to see over my growing belly but I felt Vitaly'd hands push up my dress and slide my panties down and off my legs.

His warm breath against my most sensitive parts sent goosebumps over my skin.

"I've been missing this pussy little red. Miss the way it feels...the way it tastes"

One long lick and my head was falling back into the mattress. All I could do was moan for more as he started his sweet torture on my pussy. Long slow licks before he would suck my clit into his mouth. The feeling was like no other.

"Vitaly I can't! I'm going to cum"

I could feel the rumble of his voice vibrate my body. "Do it baby girl cum all over my face!"

I did just that letting out all my anger and frustration here in this moment was exactly what I needed to feel some kind of release. The sight of Vitaly sitting up from between my legs and wiping his mouth just does something for me.

"How are you feeling little red?"

I let out a soft laugh. "Still numb but better...much better"

-

The days were dragging on with this pregnancy or at least it felt like they were time was going so fast yet so slow. Vitaly constantly on edge that we haven't heard anything from Theo and with the baby coming soon we just weren't willing to stir the pot.

Ana was making me breakfast as she insisted on doing every morning even if I begged her not to. "Here my dear eat this fresh fruit over waffles good for the baby and that sweet tooth you've been having"

I smiled and dug right in. I knew better than to fight her at this point and why fight it when she's only trying to make me feel good.

"Thank you Ana"

I had almost finished when I felt the first pain. It was low in my stomach. I dropped my fork and placed my hand over the baby catching Ana's attention.

"What? What's wrong dear?"

"I...I'm not sure" another pain but this time a little more painful than the last. I winced noticeably making Ana rush to my side and place her hand on my stomach just then another pain hit me making me want to double over.

"You're having contractions dear I think you might be going into labor."

I shook my head I still had 4 weeks left I wasn't ready. "No no we still have time..it's too early!"

Ana shook her head and picked up my phone from the table.

"It's time come to the kitchen."

Vitaly was there in no time followed by every member of the family. "Call Dr. Lancaster and let him know we're on the way. I want hospital security as well as our men. I want it locked down!"

Vitaly and Ivan came to my side and helped me up. The pain was becoming intense. We only made it a few steps before a hush of liquid landed on my feet making them stop.

"Chris get the car now! Nikita get Scar's bag from her room! Carmen you stay here with Cato and gator. I'll leave security with you."

Everyone nodded and ran out of the room. I could feel the tears stinging my eyes. We had been looking forward to this moment for months but now? I was scared...terrified of the pain I was about to endure. Terrified that I won't live up to my role as a mother. That I'll fail like my mother did.

Everything moved so fast. I was hoisted into the car and we were at the hospital before I could blink. Dr. Lancaster was waiting at a back door taking us in through the service entrance.

I didn't have time to process before I was in a room and hooked to IV's.

"Mr Volkov we need to move fast. The baby is coming and it's early."

Vitaly nodded. "Do what you need to do doc but make sure they are both okay!"

"Alright Ms. Rockwell are you ready to have this baby?"

I smiled and nodded despite the pain from the contractions.

"Get this baby out of me doc"

I didn't have time for an epidural apparently so I could feel everything. Dr. Lancaster put my legs up in the stirrups. "On the next contraction I want you to push"

So I did for the next 20 minutes I pushed until we finally heard that cry. So many emotions rushed through me as they pulled the baby out and placed it on my chest. Covered in blood but I didn't care it was a picture of perfection.

"You did it little red...our baby is here"

I could feel the emotion coming from Vitaly as he stroked his large finger on the baby's little face. This is the moment I never thought I'd have. The purest form of love between a mother and her child. The instant connection you get when you meet this little person for the very first time.

"You did well Ms. Rockwell would you like to know the gender of your baby now?"

I looked to Vitaly and his smile lit up. "Yeah doc we're ready"

"Congratulations it's a...."

Thanks for hanging in there everyone I know I've been gone like a year and you all are really the freakin best! I'm going to do my best to make sure my updates are regular and I'm also working on a new book that will be coming out soon. If you like shifter/paranormal romance then I think you will like this one! 🥰