12

The next few days were hectic around the house. Vitaly constantly barking out orders to his security team, Nikolai and Evie tip toeing around me like I'm going to break.

Maybe they were right and I was. I may have left Theo's but now I felt like a prisoner. I knew he was just trying to keep my safe but I needed to breath. I had been in the kitchen making some lunch when I heard the arguing start.

Most of it was in aggressive Russian, but the parts I could understand weren't good. Vitaly was pissed and if I didn't step in the middle of it he would go off the rails.

I placed down the butter knife and wiped my hands on a towel before I walked into the living room. The air felt different. Tensions were high with everyone and I felt immensely guilty.

Vitaly saw me as soon as I walked in and stopped talking. I smiled at him walking into his open arms. He held me tight to him and kissed the top of my head. I glanced around him to see Nikolai standing there with a look of worry on his face.

"What's going on in here?"

Vitaly sigh, letting go of me he started to pace the living room. "How would you feel about getting out of here for awhile? Just you and me."

I raised my brow, my eyes darting between him and Nikolai. Neither of them were giving anything away.

"Is now really the best time?"

"I think now is perfect Scar. Evie and I will be having our own little getaway for awhile. Take some time just the two of you. Trust us."

Trust us...nothing good ever came when someone said that. Maybe Nikolai had a point though.

Still...

"There's something you aren't telling me."

Vitaly stopped pacing and nodded his head. "You're right Little Red, but please trust me when I say that it's for your own good. I will tell you as soon as we get where we're going."

I didn't want to make the same mistake as last time. I needed to trust that he knew what he was doing. No more running away we were in this together.

I nodded my head and gave him a small smile. "Alright then, what should I pack?"

"I had Ana put two suitcases on your bed in your old room. Fill them up as much as you can. I'm not sure when we will be back."

"What about gator? I can't just leave him Vitaly. I already did that and I won't do it again."

He smiled at me and nodded his head. "He's already ready to go." Vitaly whistled and Gator came barreling into the living room. He stopped at his feet and sat down.

"We leave in an hour go get packed."

I left and went up the stairs to my old room. Two large suitcases sat open on my bed. Ana was in my room going through things in the closet. I let out a small laugh at her mumbling to herself.

She didn't hear me come in so I quietly tip toed to the closet door. She was taking clothes off hangers and folding them into a neat pile.

"ANA!"

"AHH Scarlet Rockwell! How dare you scare an old lady like that."

Ana whipped around holding her hand to her heart and I smiled. She was the sweetest woman and I was so thankful to know her.

"Old lady? Where?" I said looking around me. Ana laughed and walked over swatting me playfully on the arm.

"Oh stop it, I was just getting some of your things folded. I've gotta tell ya honey. It's a mess in here."