20

I woke to the sound of soft coo's the next morning. Vitaly had our little bundle of joy in his arms slowly rocking back and forth in front of the window.

"See all that out there son? One day you'll grow up to be a big strong man just like me and you'll own this town."

I chuckled turning his attention over to me. "Getting a little ahead of ourselves are we? He's barely 24 hours old."

Vitaly smiled and placed a kiss to our sons head before placing him in my open arms. "Always start them early my love. Our son will know greatness one day."

I stare down at him and realize his father is right. He will be a great man on day with all the men in his life from Vitaly to his uncles and Ivan. He will have the best influences a kid could ask for.

A soft knock on the door catches our attention. Nikita pokes her head in and smiles when she sees we are awake. "The family is outside...we'd love to come in if that's alright."

Vitaly looks at me first for permission. And I smile eagerly nodding my head. We haven't told anyone the sex of the baby yet or his name. I know they've all been besides themselves to finally find out.

Nikita comes in followed by the whole family even Gator. I laughed a little when his tail started to wag and he hoisted his large body up to the foot of the bed. I reached down patting his head. "Yeah I missed you too buddy, come here."

I pat the bed and he scoots a little farther up. I leaned over letting him smell the baby. His tail began to wag and he stuck out his tongue licking his head. I scratched behind his ear "good boy"

"Okay I can't wait any longer tell me!" I laughed when Ana came and stood next to Vitaly, Ivan coming up right behind her.

"Would you like to do the honors or should I?" Vitaly placed his arm around Ana and answered.

"It's a boy and his name is Konstantin."

I felt Nikolai come up next to me and place his hand on the back of my neck. He leaned down and placed a kiss on the top of my head. "You did good kid, can I hold him?" I reached up and placed my hand over top of his. "You never have to ask Nikolai."

I lifted Kon gently up to him and watched as he held him close to his body almost as if he thought he would drop him. "He's so small"

He was small he only weighed 5lbs at birth due to being 4 weeks early but other than that Dr. Lancaster says he is a perfectly healthy baby boy. "He will grow if he takes after your side. I'm sure he will be taller than me."

"Well let's hope so" Ivan said making everyone laugh.

-
It's been 2 weeks since we left the hospital and life is slowly coming together for us as new parents. I never imagined my life ending up this way but I can't say I'm all that surprised either.

None of us have heard anything from Theo which only puts me on edge these days. With Konstantin now here I'm double checking the locks on the doors and windows. If he thought I was bad before I'll only be worse now. That man will not come near my child.

The more I think of Theo making moves the more I worry I needed to talk to Vitaly. Holding Kon I walked into the kitchen where Ana was preparing lunch for everyone.

"Ana do you have a second?" She turned with a smile wiping her hands on the hand towel and held her arms out for me to hand over Kon. I smiled and passed him over to her.

Kon loved her. When I couldn't calm him down she could do the trick, one soft hum from Ana and he was sound asleep it seemed.

"What's wrong sweetie? Kon not sleeping again?"

I shook my head. "I actually just need to talk to Vitaly a second. Could you watch him?"

She waved me off without even looking at me. "Never have to ask my dear go now"

I smiled as she rocked him and went to find Vitaly in his office. I didn't bother to knock but instead just let myself in. He was busy going over some papers but gave me his attention the second I walked in.

"Hey little red...Kon okay?"

I nodded and took the seat in front of him. "He's fine he is with Ana, I think we need to talk."

His face showed worry and I knew when I ran off before that he thinks the worst and who could blame him?

"Okay go ahead"

"We haven't heard anything from Theo and that worries me."

Vitaly sighed and ran a hand down his face. "I've been tracking him day and night. I don't know what his plan is but it'll be something big. I won't lie to you Scar I am concerned"

I knew he was. Especially since we came home with Kon.

"I've been thinking...we need to agree about something"

He cocked his head at me and leaned down on his desk. "What's that?"

"If shit hits the fan and we know it will. Our first priority is Konstantin. Meaning if one of us has to get left behind...then one of us is left behind. If it looks like we can't save each other we put him first. I grew up with no parents and Kon is going to at least have one of us."

I could tell he didn't like it but I could also tell he agreed with me. Konstantin would be his heir and he would run through hell for him.

"You won't be left behind Scar."

"But if you have to you will. Promise me."

This time he ran both hands up and down his face and into his hair. He hated the thought of losing me. Of losing us.

"I promise. But don't forget who I am little red. I'll burn this whole town down if I lose you."

I got up from my seat and leaned over the desk pressing a soft kiss to his lips. "I have no doubt"