7

I slept in my old room that night. I just couldn't sleep next to Theo feeling like I was. Having my own space back also felt nice. Theo was wonderful don't get me wrong but I was starting to feel claustrophobic.

I stretched out in bed stretching out my tired muscles when my phone rang. I rummaged around in my covers until I found it. Nikita's name flashing on the screen.

Now that's she's seen me I feel like I can't avoid her so I slid to answer.

"Hello?"

"Be ready in 30 minutes I'm picking you up for your maid of honor duties."

I groaned and pulled my blanket over my head trying to pretend this wasn't happening.

"Nikita I already told you I couldn't do it."

"Oh I know you did but since when do I take no for an answer?"

She was right, just as hardheaded as her brothers. I knew she wouldn't go away.

I could play the roll of maid of honor and just not show up to the wedding right?

"Alright make it 45 and you've got a deal."

I hung up without waiting for a response and pulled myself out of bed. I was exhausted and not prepared for a day full of Nikita planned activities.

I quickly dressed in a pair of ripped jeans and black T-shirt, I slid on my combat boots and tossed my hair up in a pony tail. I know I probably look like a lazy bum right now but I couldn't be bothered to put in maximum effort.

I put on some light make up to pull myself together and headed downstairs. Theo must have been in his office because the door was closed. I walked into the kitchen and smiled when I saw Abigail cleaning up from breakfast.

"Good afternoon dear"

I cocked my head at her and checked the time on the microwave behind her.

1:25 p.m

Damn! I didn't realize I had slept in so long. I sat down at one of the bar stools and placed my head in my hands.

"Abby would you mind getting me a water and some Advil?"

She smiled sweetly at me and walked to the fridge pulling out a bottle of water. Then grabbing the bottle of Advil out of the cabinet.

"Here you are honey. You feeling okay?"

"Yeah just didn't sleep well and feel a little sore. Thank you Abby"

I swallowed down the Advil and rested my head on the table till the door bell rang. I walked into the foyer the same time Theo stepped out of his office.

"Are you going somewhere?"

"I am, not that it's any of your business."

Theo looked taken aback by my comment but I saw still mad at him.

"It is my business to know where my fiancé is at."

And now he was playing the fiancé card. To be honest I was starting to have some second thoughts about that now.

"I'm going with Nikita...happy now?"

"Very!"

Theo turned and walked back into his office slamming his door behind him. I rolled my eyes at his childish behavior and opened the front door to a smiling Nikita.