10

It was the morning of Nikita's wedding and things were crazy. The bridezilla herself graced me with her presence at 6 a.m dragging me out of bed. I was half asleep and still in pajamas when she dragged me out of the house and into the awaiting car.

I had no time to process all the things she was spouting off to me. My head lolling back and forth with the bumps in the road. Her loud voice making me sit up right.

"Scar are you listening to me? I really need your help today."

I wiped the sleep from my eyes and did my best to give her my undivided attention.

"Yes I'm sorry, I'm listening."

She let out a frustrated sigh but I knew she had to feel overwhelmed. Carmen has been her unofficial wedding planner and had helped her lay everything out perfectly.

"We're getting ready at the house and then all riding down to the vineyard in the limo. The guys are already there so I won't chance Alek seeing me. I'm kinda freaking out here."

I placed my hand on her free one and gave it a quick squeeze. She knew she was worrying for nothing. That no matter what at the end of the day she would be married to the love of her life. Popping out babies and living the life she always wanted.

"Listen to me...you, Evie, and Carmen have planned this wedding to the very last detail. All you really need to do is show up. If there's a problem I'll handle it. That's what the maid of honor is for right?"

She gave me a nervous laugh but smiled and nodded her head. I knew I did little to ease her nerves but hey! I was trying here. I had my own nerves and demons to battle with today. Prime example would be escorting me down the aisle for the ceremony.

When we got to the Volkov mansion I was surprised by the number of vans and cars that were out front. We moved swiftly out of the car and into the busy bustling house.

People were going in all different directions getting things ready to take over to the venue. Make up and hair teams had set up ship in the large dinning room while men and women with flowers weaved around people.

I could see all the girls already in the make up chairs. Anya smiled when she saw me and got up to hug me quickly. "I was worried you wouldn't make it. I tried to wake you this morning but you wouldn't budge. Sorry I had to send in the bride"

Anya looked like she felt so out of place with us. We tried to include her but she was usually wrapped up with Finley. I couldn't blame her being a single mother looked hard. Anya turned to Nikita and have an uneasy smile.

"Are you sure you want me to be a bridesmaid?"

Nikita smiled and waved her off. We knew she was referring to Carmen. Well looked over at her and she held her hands up in defense and smiled.

"Hey don't look at me. I'm just here as a proud momma to watch my baby be a ring barer. You know I can't trust Chris with the camera."

I laughed and took the empty spot between Evie and Carmen. Nikita whispered something to one of the make up girls and sent her my way. I gave her a playful glare but closed my eyes as the girl instructed and sat there for the next two hours.

I didn't recognize myself when she was finished. A beautiful blend of pink and gold covered my eyelids. I had a winged liner with false lashes to really make my eyes pop.

My hair was done half up and the curled beautifully down my back. I know this is Nikita's day but I felt like a princess. I stood in front of the full length mirror and admired the makeup artists work.

I saw Nikita come up behind me and dab a tissue under her eyes. "You look stunning Scar."

"Thank you"