1

2 years later.

The ringing of the doorbell wouldn't stop. I was rushing down the stairs with my shoes in hand while trying to tie my hair up in the process.

"I'M COMING!" I yelled as I reached the last step. I saw Theo come out of his office and peek around before looking at me.

"Cato?" He said with a laugh and I nodded before opening the door.

There stood Carmen holding my adorable 2 year old godson Cato and Chris her now fiancé smiling at me. I rolled my eyes and gestures for them to come inside.

"Do you always need to make it a habit of letting Cato ring the doorbell?"

Carmen and Chris laughed while following me into the back where Anya and Finley were playing in the back yard.

"You know he likes to do it. He thinks he's helping."

I glared at the giggling child in her arms before I broke and smiled taking him from Carmen's arms.

"You're spoiled rotten you know that?"

Cato just smiled and laid his head on my shoulder giving me a hug. My heart melts every time I see this little boy.

"Carmen! Chris! Good to see you." I heard from behind us as Anya and Finley rushes over to us.

Carmen and Evie were the only people I keep in contact with anymore. True to her word Evie brought Gator and moved into Theo's place with us. Theo also offered her a job so she  now works for him once he took over for his father.

Carmen left the Volkov's mansion shortly after she gave birth. Chris being the true gentleman he was, went out and got them a small house in the neighboring town where they now raise baby Cato.

Nikita reaches out to me multiple times and as much as I love her it was just too hard. I couldn't stand to look at her or speak to her and not want to ask about him. It was tempting and I didn't need the temptation.

Theo was absolutely wonderful through it all. We continued with our fake engagement in front of his father but everyone else knew we were just good friends. If it wasn't for them I would be out on my ass.

Carmen smiled and gave both Anya and Finley a hug before returning to Chris's side. "What brings you guys here?" She asked which also made me curious.

Carmen looked to Chris then to me and gave me a sad smile. "Well I was hoping that you could watch him for us overnight....just for tonight though."

I smiled and gave little Cato big kisses. "Of course I will, you know I love spending time with my little man. Where are you guys going to be just in case?"

They gave me an uneasy look which immediately sent up the red flags. Carmen was a terrible liar with one of the worst poker faces I've ever seen.

"Tonight is Alekzander and Nikita's engagement party. I figured that you wouldn't be there."

I froze for a second. So many emotions were going through my mind. I was thrilled for them but also saddened that I wasn't invited. Hell I didn't even know they had gotten engaged.

"No...you're right you guys go have fun and send my love yeah?"

Carmen nodded her head and pulled me into a hug. "Of course! You know she still asks about you. I know it's hard but maybe just send her a text...let her know your thinking about her."

I simply nodded as her and Chris kissed Cato goodbye and headed back out to the front door. I felt Anya's presence next to me.

"You Alright?"