Chapter 6

Eisa's 'information' session turned into a 'therapy' session.

"Thank you for meeting with me, darling," said Eisa when Jay opened the door of the hotel room he'd asked her to come to. She pecked his cheek before striding in, holding up a bottle of wine.

"Ah, she got the good stuff," said Jay, rubbing his hands together. Eisa could have sworn he'd somehow gotten a new tattoo. "So, what's up?"

She batted her eyelashes, seating herself at the edge of the bed. "Can you blame a girl for wanting an encore?"

Jay winked. "Can I use that to brag? An Original can't keep her hands off of me."

She scrunched up her nose. "Don't brag, dear, it's unbecoming. Marcel did it first. Rebekah's been obsessed with him since the 1800s."

He snapped his fingers. "Damn. I tried."

"Just enjoy it while it lasts," said Eisa, smoothing her own hands up her thighs, causing her skirt to ride up. "I won't be in this godforsaken city for much longer, and I'd like to have fun while I'm here, if you'd be a willing participant."

Jay licked his lips, setting the bottle of wine down. He locked the door, and Eisa quirked a brow, reaching over her chest to remove her shirt.

This would take a bit more focus. She had to wait for the exact right moment, one that would last longer than the initial connection she used last time. Before, she had taken advantage of the fact that his mind would be clouded temporarily (for about one to three seconds) when their bodies first came together. It worked, because it was their introduction to each other. He knew her now, and she knew him, and it would be insufficient.

So, she took control. She worked to please him, remaining focused to make sure he didn't try and enter her mind. She waited and waited, letting him lose more of himself each time her body came up against his.

His climax was her opening.

That cloud in his mind would be up for ten seconds at least, and thirty seconds at most. She slipped into his mind, kissing him hard and moaning into his mouth to give him more to think about.

She saw Marcel, rescuing Davina, after the Harvest girls had been slaughtered without their knowledge, in order to carry out the transfer of magic into the earth. She saw Jay being told that if the Harvest wasn't completed, the witches would lose their magic, and Davina would keep her life. She saw Marcel killing Jane-Anne Deveraux, and later, Jay being sent to speak with Sophie, who seemed determined to find Davina. The most curious bit she got was right before their meeting.

"I'm going out," Jay had told Marcel.

"So am I," he said. "I'm taking Klaus Mikaelson to the Bayou with me. I need them out of the way so I can get Davina somewhere else. Where are you headed?"

"Just to do a sweep of Algiers," Jay had lied. "I want to make sure the Algiers Coven isn't up to anything to help the French Quarter witches."

"Good idea," said Marcel. "Hey, be careful, Jay. Rebekah and Eisa are lurking around, and considering you've already gotten cozy with Eisa once..."

"I take vervain, don't worry," said Jay reassuringly. "Besides, it was a one-night stand. I mean nothing to her, and she means nothing to me."

Eisa found herself smirking as she withdrew. Jay hadn't told anyone where he was headed.

"Fucking shit," groaned Jay as Eisa rolled off of him, holding the blanket up as she slipped her underwear back on. He watched her as she got up, wearing only her lingerie, to get the bottle of wine for them. "Damn, a lot of people say that the older the vampire you sleep with, the better time you'll have, cause of the experience. I guess it really is true."