Chapter 15

Hayley was feeling more desire than she should have been.

Torturing someone wasn't supposed to be hot (unless you were into raunchy enemies to lovers fiction with an incredibly hot set of main characters).

And yet, there stood the wolf, watching and wishing Eisa was on top of her instead.

"Does it bother you?" crooned the Original, seated on Celeste's lap as she used her sharpened fingernails to carve shapes into the woman's face. "Knowing that you're here, in my basement? My plaything?"

Celeste let out a dry laugh. "I always knew you were better in bed than your brother, even if I never quite sampled you..."

"Hush," said Eisa, gripping her face roughly and squeezing hard enough to break three of the witch's teeth, making her moan in pain. "Don't pretend you enjoy this, Celeste. If you liked pain, you would have been squirming beneath me since the moment you met me."

"What are you going to do to me?" asked Celeste, not out of curiosity, but boredom. "I'm sure you have better things to do with your time. So do I."

"I'm going to make you bleed," said Eisa simply, tucking her legs back and slamming her feet down, making the heel of her shoe impale Celeste's shins. "I'm going to weaken you so much, that when I go into your mind, it will give me all the information I need."

"Excuse me," said Hayley awkwardly, holding up a jar of foul-smelling liquid. "You asked for more of the magic-suppressing beverage?"

Eisa reached her hand out, and took the jar, prying Celeste's mouth open and pouring the liquid down. She shut it for her, making her swallow. "Oops," sighed the Original. "I think I accidentally made you swallow those three teeth. That must have hurt."

"As if you didn't know," sneered Celeste, spitting some blood out.

"I don't know, really," said Eisa, wiggling her hips and making Celeste grunt. "Aw, does that hurt, too? I almost forgot I snapped your femur in three places. Must not feel nice, feeling me grinding my bottom into your leg."

"You're a bitch, you know that?"

"Oh, darling, if you're going to call me a bitch, at least do me a favor and refer to me as the Queen Of All Bitches. Sometimes, I'm even better at it than Rebekah."

Celeste turned her face away as Eisa pulled out a pocket knife, tracing a line over her clavicle. "You mortals are so fragile," she tsked. "Look at that, all that blood. Just for me." She dipped down, tracing her tongue over the open wound, gathering the blood onto it before sitting up and licking her lips.

"You know I hate when vampires do that," grumbled the witch.

"And that's exactly why I do it. Now, where should the next stab go? Ideas? I did your arm... your knee... your tum... ah, I know. How about we slice into those breasts of yours? Not like you need them for anything." Eisa slammed the knife down into Celeste's chest, far enough from her heart to keep her from dying.

The witch howled out, and Hayley almost had to turn away. "If you're going to kill me," hissed Celeste, "get it over with."

"Certainly not, my dear, if I kill you, then no one will be able to help the Crescent wolves get back to normal. Besides, killing you would make you body jump again. I've seen my mother do it plenty of times. I'm no idiot. How about we give you a bit of a break, hmm? Let your body heal up what it can."

Eisa climbed off of her, walking casually into the next room, where Marcel was waiting for her. "Any updates?" she asked, pouring herself a glass of vodka.