Proposal

"Hey," Kian greets with a smile. "You okay?"
He must have noticed the worried look on my face as I sat down beside him. I look over at him, shrugging before kicking my feet up on the coffee table.
"If I'm going to this thing, I'm gonna need a double date." I say, staring at my socks. "And I don't know very many guys aside from Vanessa's brother Zach and I find that to be extremely uncomfortable and awkward, so... This is me proposing that you--"
"I feel like Cinderella." He gasps dramatically. I slap his shoulder playfully, before absentmindedly resting my head against it. He wraps an arm around me, which causes my body to slunk onto his chest, and I place one hand on his abs before closing my eyes and feeling his hands run through my hair. I take in his scent, inhaling cheap cologne and tacos. Go figure.
"Wanna watch a movie?" He suggests. "That'd be nice, but I'm really comfy." I burrow my head deeper in his chest, feeling his heart beat quicken. He laughs.
"Okay, so how about we use the power of an Xbox controller to put on Netflix?" He says. "Good idea?"
"Good idea."
"How about a horror movie?"
"What, so if I get scared I can cuddle you?"
"Kinda too late for that." He says, and it's like I can feel his smirk.
"Shut up. You're really comfy."
"I'm glad you enjoy my body, Anna."
And finally, we decide on Mean Girls, one of my personal favorites. I remain cuddled close to Kian, except this time my head is resting on his knees and I'm laying down. He smiles down at me sometimes, and I pretend not to notice as he bites his lip, as if he were in deep thought.
"What?" I finally ask. "Do my good looks distract you from the movie?" He laughs.
"You're the one cuddling me. No comeback you come up with is going to top that."
Touché.
"But, about your double date proposal, I accept." He says, causing me to sit up quickly. "Someone's a bit excited."
"You better not be talking about me. I could practically feel your boner." He blushes profusely. I wink jokingly, laying back down.
"Watch the movie this time, would you?"
"I'll try, but no guarantees."