Chapter 9. Double Date

"Hey, I'm going out later. You'll be okay, right?" I look up at Vanessa, who matches my gaze with a look of concern swimming in her eyes. I nod before smirking at her.
"Where you goin'?" I playfully ask in a sing-song voice. I bite my bottom lip to keep my grin from growing any wider. She turns a bit pale, then blushes profusely.
"I have a date..." She says softly, her eyes now facing the rug. "With Jc, Kian's friend."
Not wanting to share the secrets of last night, I just give her a sincere smile, and she returns the feature. "Do I look okay?"
"You look beautiful, Ness. Like always."
"Aww, kid." I roll my eyes at her remark, trying my best to hide the growing smirk on my face. "I love you."
"Yeah, I love me too." She scoffs.
"Well, he should be here any minute..." She checks her phone. "He said he was gonna take me out for dinner and then shopping. I think he's the one, Anna." I laugh.
"Okay, don't get carried awa-"
All of a sudden, the doorbell rings, causing the both of us to jump.
"HE'S HERE, HOW DO I LOOK?" She nearly yells. I wonder if he can hear her. "I LOOK OKAY, RIGHT? DO I LOOK CUTE OR SEXY? I DON'T WANT HIM GETTING THE-"
"OPEN THE DOOR!" I yell, and I hear a laugh from outside. But it doesn't sound like Jc's... It sounds like...
"Kian? What-Where's Jc?" Vanessa asks as she opens the door, revealing Kian dressed in a plaid button down and jeans. His hair isn't brushed, but for some odd reason, I find it hotter that way. His hands are in his pockets as he smiles at her.
"Hi, Loch Ness. Can I call you that?"
"Did he just-"
"Kian, where's her date?" I stand up and make my way over to the two. He looks over at me before clearing his throat, awkwardly glancing at me up and down. I fold my arms, blushing slightly.
"Okay, listen. He got really nervous about your whole date thing and almost backed out at the last moment. Not because he doesn't like you, but because he actually REALLY likes you. And so I promised I'd come along to make sure everything was okay, but I figured I'd be kinda lonely all by myself. So... I was kinda wondering if you'd be my date, Anna?" Kian asks, pouting his lip. My heart is ready to burst out of my chest.
"Why didn't you call me beforehand? I look like crap." I say, and just as Kian opens his mouth to say something Vanessa interrupts.
"Wait, he really likes me? Well where is-"
"Hey, sorry. I, uh, had to take a phone call. You girls ready to go?" Jc walks up to us, and I can practically feel the heat radiating off of Vanessa's cheeks.
"I am!" Vanessa giggles, and Jc smirks before wrapping an arm around her and looking back at Kian and I.
"Y'all ready?" He asks, and Kian shoots me a nervous glance. I respond with a simple nod.
"Y-Yeah, sorry. I didn't know what to throw on, but I'm ready to go." Jc nods before walking off with Vanessa. Once they reach the car, Kian leans in close to my ear.
"You look really cute if you ask me." He whispers, causing goosebumps up and down my arms and shivers up and down my spine.
"Thanks." I respond, and he puts a hand on my back as he leads us to the car. I'm sure he can feel my shivers now.
Jc is already sitting in the driver's seat, Vanessa in the passenger's. Kian opens the door for me and I sit in the back, and then he goes around the other side to sit beside me. He smiles at me warmly.
"You look handsome." I say, and he runs a hand through his hair before giving me a cocky smirk. I roll my eyes playfully.
"Do I turn you on, Anna? Do I?"
"Don't get ahead of yourself, buddy."
Even though the answer is an obvious yes.