Chapter 29

Emma's POV

Huh ?!

I slowly open my eyes.

I look at my hands and legs, but no bullet holes.

As I continued to look all over my body for an injury, a voice made me freeze.

" I told you I'd come find you Ms.Smith ".

Dante's POV

After I dropped Emma off, I had to go into hiding.

I knew Lorenzo would be looking for my a*s, so I had to think of something.

I had connections with the Russian mafia, mainly because most of them owed me favours.

I got in contact with them and asked them to hide me.

They successfully managed to keep me hidden from Lorenzo.

I know its kind of wrong to go to my supposed 'bestfriends' enemy, but in this case, my a*s was on the line.

I had time to come up with a plan to get Emma.

I managed to track her down, but by the time I got to the house, she was already gone.

He took her.

Its like she can't catch a damn break.

I had to rethink everything.

My sources told me that she was taken back to Lorenzo's house, so I gathered up some men from the Russian mafia to help me invade Lorenzo's home.

We hacked into Lorenzo's security system. I switched through the cameras to see where Emma was.

I switched to the kitchen's camera and saw her, I watched as she stabbed Lorenzo in the shoulder.

What was she thinking ?! I mean its a good plan, but his shoulder ? He was still able to move.

I watched her quickly run out the room, so I changed the cameras to the front yard ones.

Lorenzo managed to catch up to Emma and he dragged her back inside the house. I again switched the camera's, and what I saw made my blood boil.

He was slapping her.

What the fu*k did Emma do to deserve any of this.

I quickly put down my phone and made my way inside, singling the men to back me up.

I made it inside just as he was about to shoot her in the leg.

I shot Lorenzo in his stomach and called out to Emma.

" I told you I'd come find you Ms.Smith "

Emma's POV

" D-Dante ?! You're- YOU'RE ALIVE ?! " I say getting up shakily.

" Yea I'm pretty sure I am " he says looking all over his body.

I wobbled over him and hugged him tightly.

" I-I thought you were dead. " I stammer.

" I thought that fu*ker killed you "

" Hey look at me " he says grabbing my chin.

" I'm here "

As I was about to say something, Lorenzo groans loudly. 

" Emma come here now " he says.

" Dante, give me your gun. " I ask.

" Emma are you sure ? " Dante asks.

" Give. Me. Your. Fu*king. Gun " I say again.

Dante slowly hands me his gun.

I grab it out his hand and immediately point it at Lorenzo.

" Y-You can't do sh*t to me anymore " I say shaking uncontrollably.

" Emma babygirl, come here right now ! " he yells slowly getting up, clutching his stomach.

" N-NO " I yell still shaking.

" You took everything from me, my home, my friends, my freedom, my education. You even made me think Dante was dead. You-YOU, RUINED ME. "

" Emma come here right now you little-" he was cut off by me shooting him right between the eyes.

" That was for Rebecca, Zac, and all the other people you've killed you monster. " I say.

I then drop to the floor and sobbing uncontrollably. 

" Hey hey hey, Em shh its ok, its over now. He can't hurt you anymore " Dante says immediately hugging me.

" H—he can't ? " I stammer due to my sobs.

" No he can't, its over, he's gone. Calm down baby " he says reassuringly.

As much as I wanted to calm down, I couldn't.

My breathing started increasing rapidly.

What if he was still alive ? What if he comes after me again ? What if he kills Dante for real ? What if-

" HEY EMMA! Calm down " Dante says grabbing a firm hold onto my shoulders.

" I-I can't " I manage to push out.

Dante then pick me up and leads me away from Lorenzo's body.

We get inside a van and Dante puts my hand on his chest.

" Follow my breathing Em. " he says.

He then takes deep breaths and tells me to copy him.

After about 5 minutes, my breathing finally got under control.

Dante then pulls me into a hug and kisses my forehead.

" it's my fault " he says quietly.

" What do you mean. "

" If I would've found you first, none of this would've happened. Rebecca would still be alive and-" Je was saying but I cut him off.

" Hey, don't blame yourself ok ? This is not your fault " I say grabbing both sides of his face.

" Yea but Rebecca would still be here, and you wouldn't have to go through so much pain " Dante says as tears build up in the corner of his eyes.

" It's ok, ok ? Besides I'm pretty sure Rebecca wouldn't want us to be blaming ourselves. Now stop it " I say looking into his eyes.

" Ok " he says giving me a quick peck on the lips.

" Let's go now " he says.

" Go where ? " I ask.

" My home "

" And where is that ? " I say curiously.

" Far, Far, away from this place. " he says driving the car.

What will happen now ?

___________________________________

TYSM FOR 35k READS🥰❤️

Sorry abt the late update, I was very tired yesterday and didnt have the energy to wrote a chapter, so im veryyyy sorry😭

But anywho I hope you enjoy the chapter🧍🏽‍♀️